~ 1 ~

It was his sister's sangeet night, he was working relentlessly to make sure everything was in order, as he had taken managing the entire wedding on his shoulders. His sister, who was his everything, was getting married to a great man who loved his sister dearly and treated her family like his own. He was extremely happy, he was at a high in his career and Anjali was settling down also, he knew both he and Anjali had made their parents proud along with their nani, uncle and aunt.

He cautiously made his way to the kitchen through the cluster of people in his home, his hands filled with overflowing boxes of sweets. He saw his brother in law to be reach out to him just in time before he toppled over with the boxes. He sighed in relief as he steadied himself, "Thanks jijaji."

Shyam took the boxes and set them on the counter, "Anytime Saale Saab. I'm gonna go look for your sister..." He winked and he left the kitchen.

Arnav smiled and shook his head, he turned on his heels to make his way again through the crowd, when his eyes caught the figure of someone in the distance. Clad in a colourful ghagra choli, she was dancing in a circle with Shyam's dadi. The glimmer in her eyes and the sweet smile that played on her lips had Arnav rooted in her direction. His eyes drank in the sight of her carefree, innocent like behaviour.

Jise Zindagi Dhoondh Rahi Hai
What my life is searching for
Kya Ye Woh Makaam Mera Hai
Is this the same destination?
Yahaan Chain Se Bas Ruk Jaoon
Just to rest here forever peaceful

He continued to watch her dance as she moved across the room with graceful steps complimenting her expressions. He was smitten at first sight, who was she? He felt something inside, what the! Did his heartbeat just increase?

Kyun Dil Ye Mujhe Kehta Hai
Why does my heart wish that?
Jazbaat Naye Se Mile Hain
I've found new emotions
Jaane Kya Asar Ye Hua Hai
I don't know what this effect is
Ek Aas Mili Phir Mujhko
I've found a new hope
Jo Qubool Kisi Ne Kiya Hai
As someone has finally accepted

He had not realised with the crowd of people walking to and fro, someone behind him gave him a nudge and he jerked forward, instantly he closed his eyes prepared to hit the ground. Why didn't I hit the ground? I'm not dead so... Then he felt the two soft arms that were wrapped around his waist. He opened one eye and was awestruck, his other eye quickly opened on cue. It was same girl he had been staring at seconds ago. He stared at her features; her short fringes fell onto her forehead while the rest of her hair cascaded down her back. The thing that struck him the most was her hazel coloured eyes, the way they had widened in shock as he stared at her.

Haan... Kisi Shaayar Ki Ghazal
Like some poet's beautiful poem
Jo De Rooh Ko Sukoon Ke Pal
Which gives a moment's peace to the soul
Koi Mujhko, Yun Mila Hai
I've found someone...
Jaise Banjaare Ko Ghar
As if a (lonesome) wanderer has found a home

She snapped her fingers in front of him, gaining his attention she asked, "Tum theek ho?"

He nodded, "Thanks for saving my fall, that would have been quite embarrassing to fall flat on my face. Highlight of the sangeet!" He chuckled.

She grinned, "It would have been a hearty laugh for sure...you're welcome nevertheless."

Her attention wavered as she saw Anjali and Shyam walk towards them. She smiled and hugged Anjali and then side hugged Shyam. Shyam turned to Arnav, "This is Khushi, she lives next to us. She's like my little sister." Shyam looked down at Khushi, "This is Anjali's brother, Arnav."

Arnav extended his hand, "Nice to meet you Khushi." Ms Saviour!

She placed her hand in his, "Same here Arnav." Mr Clumsy!

{Song Credit; Banjaara - Ek Villian}

Author's note: Thank you for reading!