Chapter six

"Why are you so moody?" Mason asked as I drank my water

"I haven't seen Cora in days" I confessed. "She made it clear that she doesn't want to see me. She goes to work and leaves earlier than I get home. And remains locked in her room. When I go to the bathroom, she runs and gets food if she is hungry but usually, she fills her room with it before I get home"

"Have you tried to talk to her? Why is she avoiding you"

"I can't tell you why she is mad but yes, I tried to talk to her but she doesn't respond"

"What do you think you did?" He asks, sitting on the couch.

I scanned the room. Loud music, horny boys, drunk girls.

The perfect atmosphere for a club. A club owned by Mason's brother. This club is just one of many with the same manager. And the most decent one if you ask me.

"Did you think about seeing a therapist?" Mason asks.

"Why would you ask that?" I glared.

"Maybe...because you are so familiar with your behavior that you think you did nothing wrong"

"You are delusional" I denied. "I know what is wrong and what is good"

"Did you forget to take your medication that day?" Mason insisted.

"Stop insisting!" I slammed my hand on the table. "I take my medicine first thing in the morning because I don't trust myself 'sober' around her. So don't...don't you dare say I risked my chances with her because I forgot to take my damn medicine."

He remained quiet. Not mad at me for snapping at him. He remained quiet because he was thinking.

A girl sat on my leg and I looked at her. Her short dress ridden up her legs, revealing a black band around her leg.

"You are Ajax Smith" She gasped, putting her hand on my chest. "Can I have an autograph?"

"I don't have a pen on me..now excuse me" I grunted as I pushed myself off the couch. The nameless girl grabbed me by the collar and pressed her lips to mine.

I pulled back and she grabbed my face.

"Leave me alone" I snapped, pushing her.

"Come on. Just for one night" she begged, grabbing my wrist. I snatched it back and backed away.

"What is going on?" An angelic voice heard and my stomach dropped.

"And who are you?" The girl asked, crossing her arms.

"His girlfriend," Cora said and pressed her body into my side. "And you should go back to other men who would gladly leave you pregnant"

"Excuse me?" The girl gasped.

"Oh please" Cora rolled her eyes and I bit my lip, putting my arm around her shoulder.

She looked even more beautiful since the last day I saw her.