Chapter two

AFTER five consecutive years of being in the same room, having the same schedule, and eating the same food, I was finally free

I don't even know where to start. Why did I even get out of there without thinking about how to continue my life?

Usually, people are going to their families who welcome them with open arms while mine ended all contact with me.

And I don't regret it.

My sister came and talked to me multiple times since she and I were very close growing up. But she stopped seeing me after two years.

To this day I got no sign from her.

I held onto the loose strap of the backpack.

Thomas made sure all the things I've owned in the past remained that way and I'm very thankful for it even though I smell something strange behind his kindness.

I didn't really trust him enought to tell him personal things. But us being friends was resonable.

My phone, my clothes. Everything I've owned before entering in this hell hole was back in my possesion.

I slid my thumb on the screen, opening it instantly. I was slightly amazed by the witchery in front of my face that I haven't seen in so long.

My phone now didn't have a password and if it got stolen they would quickly take control of it. So to prevent that, I quickly added a password.

A light breeze brushed on my bare arms and turned a corner to hide from it. I loved cold weather but I hated the wind.

I didn't miss New York very much. Especially the people.

The horns were making deafening sounds, police alarms, and the ambulances were ringing in the distance and I already want to go back to my isolated room.

Everywhere I looked,I saw people doing their people things,cars doing their thing.

Even the sky was doing it's thing by mixing yellow with pale pink. I never liked this combination.

The smell of gasoline, beer, and other shit entered my senses and a small tingle of smoke made me let out a sigh.

I toyed with my phone, throwing it between my hands until a notification appeared from Instagram.

I haven't heard of that app in years. I clicked on it and guided me to a picture, with two men, leaning against each other in its description it said: "Looking for young talents to discover their true talents right here in LA! If you can sing, dance, or even play an instrument then you are the right person we are looking for. Come to the address below this Friday at 2 pm"

It's like god banging on my door, waiting to give me an opportunity.

But you can't sing or do any of those things Ajax. Was it worth it?