6 // Liar, liar

On the third day of staying in this strange world I woke to a nightmare, again. Covering my mouth i gasp in horror at the images of Phoebe that just recently scattered through my mind. It was just a dream...I tell myself. My attempt to sooth myself fails, jumping up from try large bed I begin to pace back and forth, my hands jittering.

The puzzle pieces scattered in my mind just won't seem to fit into place. I let out a sigh of exasperation. My eyes drift over to the balcony just outside a set of glass doors. Briskly walking over to it, I look down at the sight of a large group of men walking. They aren't just any sort of men though, they're royal soldiers. My mouth parts to make a small gasp as I watch as the soldiers all walk identically and perfectly in sync.

I spot Ezra leading the army, "one, two, three, four!" He shouts as they chant back, his sword help up into the sky. Smiling to myself I walk away from the balcony and into the room. My room.

My mind wanders as I sit down on a small chair. 

"Whilst guarding the crystal, demons and other enemy's began getting stronger and Emelly realised she had to get stronger too. So she cast a spell on the crystals, making them invisible to everyone but those of her bloodline."

If I'm in the same bloodline as Emelly, then I'm going to have to retrieve the crystals from where they were scattered. I've wasted three days, I only have ninety seven days left. Rummaging my hands through my hair I let out a loud sigh. I'm still very confused, as much as I get everything, another part of me keeps telling me it isn't real.

The woman from yesterday bursts through the door, the one that was chasing Xander everywhere. Her blonde curly hair sways slightly as she comes to a stop at my doorway. I jump up when she inches closer, "oh, I'm sorry, did I wake you?" She asks me politely. Her voice is paper thin, she's so delicate and graceful. I watch as she tip toes over to me, i assume she thinks I'm still half asleep and doesn't want to wake me. "I heard you screaming, dear," she lightly sits next to me, as she looks down at me, but not in a intimidating way. I grow embarrassed at my actions, "that's embarrassing," I scratch the back of my head awkwardly.

"Im a Mage, just like you," she smiles sweetly. "I'm going to help you with your magic," I make a slight groan. It's just a reminder I'm not home. She doesn't speak for a few moments, she simply stares at me with saddened eyes. I hate it when people are so cautious around me, it's like l have a sigh on me that says 'fragile'. One day I'll be able to rip it off.

The woman jumps up, "how rude of me!" She gives me a large smile, "I'm Scarlet!" Her smile is so gleeful that I can't help but mirror her actions. I slowly remove the layers of blankets from my body, standing I shake her hand with delight.

"Nice to meet you, Scarlet," I already like this girl, she's like a bright sun, I feel happy just standing next to her. Michael walks through the door next, he wears similar clothing than what he wore yesterday. Only he looks slightly more casual today. He walks get to me, kisses my hand and does the same for Scarlet. "I see you've met my Scarlet," Michael gushes to me, I can tell him and Scarlet have a strong friendship. Watching the two talk I examine their body language -Are they just friends? "She's a level eight Mage," Michael informs me whilst also praising Scarlet. She tries to act humble but I can tell she loves the compliments.

"Well, don't let the poor girl stay here forever, we need to begin her training!" She clasps her hands together. Gently grabbing my wrists she spins me around. I laugh at her girly attitude and decide to loosen up and go along with it. My pyjama pants hang loosely on my hips, causing me to stumble a little but I manage to stay up. "I'll leave you to it, she's in your hands now," Michael exits the room gracefully, I look back at Scarlet. She's staring at the doorway, blinking a couple of times she turns back to me.