8 // Journey

Michael seems to lock himself up in his room a lot. With Michael being the king, Ezra helping out with the royal soldiers, Scarlet doing whatever she does -- I haven't even really seen Veronica yet -- it gets quite lonely. It makes me feel miserable. To think that i can't go a few days without company... It amazes me, actually. What if I remain weak... How will I help Michael? How will I save his people?

Sitting at the breakfast table -- alone -- I slowly run my fingers along the satin table cloth. Patiently waiting for the food to be served I continue to look around the room, examining every little thing. "Good morning, Emlen," I look up at Michael as he makes his way over to me. Sitting next to me he lifts his hand until it's laying on top of mine. I feel a sense of comfort at the small gesture. A coy smile makes it's way onto Michaels face, scratching his bottom lip he slowly raises from his seat.

"I have a job for you..." I grin at this.

"And Xander..." I frown at this.

"What!" I protest, slamming my hands on the table. The waiters and servants stop to give me strange looks, then continuing doing what they were doing when Michael waves them off. He runs his hands through his hair, stress radiating off him. "No, no, it's okay," I calm him, he slowly sits back down again, running his hands up and down his thighs. Michael seems to be a big ball of stress, I don't blame him.

"Tell me what you need me to do," I console him. He gives me a weak smile and begins to explain everything to me. "Well, as being king of Caecilius, I need to take care of my people. There has been a recent group of thieves that have been making their way along the west woods, I think that they'll be hitting a small town next and I want you and Xander go and protect them. And also catch the thieves, they may have crystals." He looks up at me, expecting a 'no'.

"Okay," I surprise him by saying. He jumps up with glee, I join him. "Oh Emlen, thankyou!" He pulls me into a tight embrace, releasing me he steps to the side, a blush on his face. We finish up eating and Michael leads me out into the front of the castle. Long white pathways and gold fountains line the entrance with red roses and gold trees, it's absolutely breathtaking here.

Xander comes around the corner shortly after. Two horses follow behind him, one white and one brown. He has his signature scowl on his face but what takes me by surprise is his outfit. He wears half armour, a silver chest plate, silver knee high boots, a silver helmet and black underneath. He's look ready for battle. I stand awkwardly next to Michael In black tights and a black t shirt, great. Xander releases the ropes connecting to the horses, he takes long strides over to us, standing directly in front of Michael.

"I'm ready," he says with venom. I assume Xander didn't want to go on this trip. Michael nods curtly at Xander. They spend a moment simply staring at each other before Xander turns on his heel. Walking over to the horses he jumps onto the brown one, leaving me with the white one. "Go, Emlen," Michael encourages me. Nervously walking over to the big white horse I slowly stroke it's hair, not being certain how to take on this situation.

"Have you never ridden a horse?" Xander scoffs at me, tightening his grip on his reins. I shake my head at him in embarrassment. He gets down off his horse, standing next to me he slowly places his hands on my waist.
"You'll be okay..." He slowly mumbles, a shiver runs down my spine at the feeling of his breath hitting my neck.

"Don't do that," I let out a small laugh. When I'm sitting up on the horse he gives me a smirk. "I've seen what to do in movies, I'll be alright!" I call out to Michael, who nervously bites his nails over to the side. Xander's horse begins to gallop off, leaving me and my horse standing in the dust.

As my horse follows, I turn to give Michael a wave. The look on Michaels face makes me laugh, his hand is pretty much glued to his hair since he runs his hands through it so much, his fingers make their way to his face. Turning my attention back it the horse I try to recall the information I know about how to ride a horse.