Chapter 3

I wake up in a very comfortable bed. My shoes and makeup were both off. I make my way downstairs to the delicious smell of breakfast. "Stefano thank you so much. You could've just woken me up and left me at my house," I say. "It's no big deal," he says. "I need to go. I'm already late," I panic. "Evelyn I gave you a day off," he says. "Oh wow thank you," I say. He pulls breakfast off the stove. "I'll go find you some clothes to change into," he says. "Help yourself to some breakfast and could you get the door," he half asks when the doorbell rings. I walk over and open the door greeting his girlfriend. "You!" she exclaims. "You're the little whore who's been stealing my boyfriend from me," she glares digging her nails into my arm. "No, I'm just Emilia's babysitter," I say. "Well where is she and what are you wearing?" she questions. "She is not here but-" I start to explain. She grabs a black marker off the coffee table and writes across my pelvic area. I look down at the word whore. "Get out and never let me see your low-life face again!" she screeches. "I bet your parents hate you too!" she yells. She throws my shoes at me as his friends walk up behind her. I go sprinting out of the house past them with tears down my face. "Hey wait up!" a voice calls. The guy from last night catches up with me. "What do you want?" I ask blocking the word across my dress. "She's a bitch. Don't believe anything she said," he says.
Meanwhile in Carlos's POV...
"I don't believe she did anything wrong!" Dante argues. "What's going on here?" Stefano asks coming into the room. "Bitch here just chewed out whatever girl was here," I explain. Blake comes running back in and gives the whole story he got from the girl. "Bianca, how dare you!" Stefano yells. "You were sleeping with some escort instead of me!" she yells. "What are you talking about now," Stef sighs. "That bitch that was just here!" she screams. "I DIDN'T SLEEP WITH HER! She works with me and babysits Emilia, MY DAUGHTER. You've been sleeping with other men anyway I'm not blind," he yells. "Get out and never let me see you again," he growls. "Where is the girl?" I ask Blake. "Refuses to come," Blake whispers. He picks her up and puts her outside slamming the door in her face. "She really wrote that?" Stefano asks. "Yeah right across...you know where," Blake answers. "Where is Evelyn?" he asks. "She didn't want to come back. She was pretty upset," Blake explains.
Evelyn's POV...
I took a shower and got cleaned up. I pick up the red dress looking at the word across the bottom. I toss it in the garbage before I lay down on my couch and drift off to sleep. "Evelyn," a voice calls. "Welcome home Stefano," I smile. He pulls me into a deep embrace before softly planting his lips on mine. "I missed you, my love," he says tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Mom!!" Emilia says running up to me. She hugs my legs so tight. "Don't you think it's time for our own baby?" he asks drawing circles on my stomach. I wake up and sit straight up. Did I really dream about that? I heard knocking at the door remembering what woke me up. There's a box sitting on the step. I set it on the counter and open it to see a gorgeous red dress. It's, even more, me than the one I just tossed. It's velvet with a sweetheart neckline. It's a form-fitted dress. I search for the note. "Please accept this. I'm sorry about Bianca," ~ Stefano De Luca. I immediately jump in my car realizing I'm going to be late to babysit although I don't want to see him right now. I grab the box as well. I don't even have the chance to knock on the door before it's swung wide open. "Hello again," the man from the club says. "I'm Blake by the way," he quickly adds. "I'm Evelyn. I'm here to watch Emilia," I say professionally. I walk inside with him. "Miss Evelyn!!" Emilia says rushing over to me. "Hi, sweetie!" I say picking her up with one arm. "Evelyn, we need to talk," Stefano says. "I don't believe we do," I say handing him the box. "Evelyn," he warns trying to hand it back. I set Emilia down. "Emilia go see Mr. Carlos," Stefano says so she waddles over there. "I do not need a gift. I'm the one who should be apologizing. I'm sorry I broke up your relationship. I never meant for her to think that," I say meeting his eyes. "Evelyn, none of it is your fault. She was out of line. I want nothing to change because of that," he says. "Please accept the gift," he says coldly. "I don't need gifts, but thank you for the thought," I deny. All I can think about is that dream when I look at him. "We will leave tomorrow morning if you want to just stay here tonight," he offers. "I don't think I should," I answer. "Evelyn, I won't have you out that late," he demands. I nod conceding. I go over to Emilia and Carlos and he hands her off to me. "I'll be back around eleven or so. Make yourself at home," Stefano remarks. "Addio mia principessa," (Goodbye my princess in Italian) he says kissing her forehead. I stare back at the cold man whose weakness is his wonderful daughter. "Bye Daddy!" she exclaims. "Goodbye Evelyn," he says.