III.

"You're doing great, Unnie!", Lisa cheers on for Chaeyoung who is undertaking her rehabilitation therapy. Lisa had to be there. She makes sure to accompany her sister because since the accident and since she had to undergo therapy, Chaeyoung's confidence and patience seem to have decreased. She becomes grumpy whenever she feels she's not progressing. So, she had to cheer her up.

Chaeyoung smiles at Lisa and continues her given routine. Seeing Lisa, cheering for her, gives her so much confidence. Even if it's so hard and painful. Sometimes she would scream in pain and Lisa would near to tears but she always hold on because they both know she needed things to be done for her to be better again. And all she ever wanted is to be better.

After the therapy, Chaeyoung has to take some rest. Lisa checks her watch to see it's already 11:30AM. As usual, they would have lunch in the nearby food stall. With their limited budget they could not afford to spend much in the hospital cafeteria where food seems to be bought with gold.

Usually, Chaeyoung would rest for about 20 to 30 mins. This time, though, Wendy, Chae's bestfriend is coming to accompany Chaeng back home. She was there in their house when Lisa told Chae that she would have to leave right after she would send her home because she had some extra work to do. Wendy knows how the sisters, specially Lisa, work so hard to finance their needs.

Wendy has been friends with Park Chaeyoung since elementary days. She's also part of the cheering squad. And even up to this day, Wendy drops by Chaeyoung's house to lend her her notes or books so Chaeyoung could still "study".

She is a blessing to their family and more to Chaeyoung. When the accident happened, Chaeyoung's former friends disappeared one by one, except for Wendy. She also pitches in sometimes for Chaeyoung's therapy.

"Chae, I have to go ahead of you. I have work and I have to leave now because it's quite far from here."

"Yeah sure Lis. Wendy said she's on her way. Just caught up in a slight traffic. Go, I'll just wait for her on the same spot beside the stalls after I finish my food."

"Okay. Don't go anywhere without telling Wendy where you're at."

"Yes, Lisa. I'll just be under that same tree beside the stall and play my guitar until Wendy arrives.", Chaeyoung repeats, pointing at that spot which is just seven meters from where they are eating.

Chaeyoung loves playing her guitar. It's what keeps her mind off the bothersome thoughts. And she brings it with her whenever she has therapy because she plays it during her break or after the therapy to ease the exhaustion.

This time, minutes after Lisa has left her, she wheels herself to the spot where she would meet Wendy. She stablelizes her wheelchair under the tree shade and down her water cup in a stone chair beside her. Then, she relaxes herself, thinking if she would play her guitar. There were few people walking by because it's almost time for people to go back to work.

She decides to strum a little since Wendy is still few minutes away.

====

Across the street, a chic, sophisticated girl walks the pavement in her grey Chanel suit. She got out of the hospital after her meeting with the directors. The foundation that the hospital has created caters to children patients with cancer or autism. They also conduct medical missions for children in poor areas in South Korea. She and her cousin are the biggest sponsors of the said foundation, and today she had meeting with them to talk about the funding for the next medical mission in Guryong village.

Walking out the hospital, she had cross the streets to get to the book shop where she intends to browse their new books and perhaps buy one. When she did, a girl playing a guitar in her wheelchair has caught her eyes.