Sisters of Vengeance XIV

CECELIA

Bar.

Where smoke fills the air, drinks flow freely, and dancers let loose.

I left home upon learning that Bunso and Margaret were doing alright. I was truly worried about their well-being, especially Bunso. Despite being more powerful than us, she's still the youngest of siblings.

Although I haven't had the chance to face that man yet, I know he's strong just like us. He's the one handling the drugs that give people extraordinary powers if only he wasn't powerful himself.

That's why I'm here at the bar now, to ease the pounding headache. I crave a bit of joy for now, knowing that later, or perhaps tomorrow, I'll need to assess the situation of the elderly man in our guest room.

"Hi, lady," a voice called out.

Nah, I don't have time for this. I simply want to relish my leisure time.

I brushed off his hand resting on my shoulder.

Dirty.

His grin turned into a smirk, a subtle yet smug expression that conveyed his confidence and amusement.

"You're quite the firecracker. I like it," he remarked.

Sipping my wine, I observed from a distance.

The club was alive with noise, bodies swaying to the music, and cash flying through the air.

"And I don't appreciate your company. Why don't you find somewhere else to be nosy?" I retorted.

Natahimik ito bigla sa sinabi ko.

AI thought things had settled, hoping for peace and quiet in my spot as I just wanted to drink and unwind. Unfortunately, that peace was short-lived, and it only succeeded in getting on my nerves even more.

His voice carried a sense of tension that reverberated in my ears.

"What if I choose not to?" his whispered words lingered by my ear.

Huh. He's testing my patience.

But let's be clear, I'm not one to tolerate such behavior for long.

I rose to my feet, taking a long sip of red wine, all the while locking eyes with his unresponsive gaze.

"You're- too annoying and that makes me wonder if you're still afraid of meeting death," I remarked in a sweet tone.

Wala akong mood ngayon para makipaglandian muna sa mga imbeciles kahit yan lang naman yung ginagawa ko paminsan-minsan━ araw-araw.

"What-"

Naputol ang sasabihin nito nang bigla ko itong sinapak sa pagmumukha nang sobrang malakas.

With that punch, the music in the bar also ceased.

There, that should silence him. Sapol na sapol. Saluhin mo yung pagkairita ko sa pagmumukha mo.

"When will I ever get a moment of peace without these imbeciles around?" I pondered to myself.

I grabbed my silver pouch and made my way out before the bouncers could intervene. Many eyes were on me, observing my actions. Some were in shock, others seemed amused, and a few were simply stunned. It's ironic - I came here to have a good time, yet I still ended up punching someone.

Habang lumalakad ako, napansin ko na may sumusunod sa akin. Again.

I stood my ground, facing him directly.