Sisters of Vengeance XV

MARGARET

"W-What- A monster! Monster!"

Nakakairita naman.

It's like, seriously, so early in the morning and this person is already screaming their lungs out, like a fly that won't stop buzzing in your ear. I swear, I could snap and ... well, you know.

"Tumahimik ka nga matanda! Ang ingay mo. I couldn't even read properly because of you earlier. I really feel like killing you right now," I hissed, my voice laced with annoyance.

Seriously, this old man was driving me crazy! He just kept on mumbling and muttering, like a broken record stuck on repeat. I mean, I get it, we kidnapped him and he saw me teleporting right in front of his eyes.

Sinabihan naman na kami ni Viviana na huwag siyang patayin. But honestly, it was getting harder and harder to do that. He was like a fly that just wouldn't leave you alone, buzzing around your head and making you want to scream.

I sat down, irritated, in the chair beside the old man.

As I approached him a bit closer, he moved to the farthest end of the bed, trembling. I could sense his nervousness. I could even hear his heart beating rapidly. It was racing.

Tumingin ako sa kanya.

"Kumalma ka nga. Hindi naman kita papatayin- sa ngayon-"

"Demon! You're a demon!" he shouted.

He shook his head while clutching it in distress.

I was totally caught off guard when the old man suddenly started banging his head against the wall.

Isa na ba siyang rock star?

"So, this is what happens when you see a beautiful creature?" I murmured.

"Pinagsasabi mo diyan?" tanong ng katabi ko.

Oh, she was already here. I had heard her shouting from outside

Rinig na rinig ko talaga sigaw niya. . It was impossible to kill this old man with cleanliness. How could I even do that?

"Pakawalan mo ako! P-Parang-awa niyo!"

"I have no mercy," Viviana said, her voice cold and emotionless.

I looked at Viviana, who had sat down on the bed where the old man was sitting, his gaze averted from her. She pulled out an injection, which I hadn't noticed her holding before, and swiftly injected it into the old man's thigh.

He screamed, tears welling up in his eyes.

Ano 'yan?

I grabbed Viviana by the shoulder and turned her to face me.

"Anong ginawa mo?" tanong ko rito nang nagtataka.

She shrugged, a gesture of disinterest as she swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up.

"Yung droga."

Droga?

I was startled when a strong grip clamped down on my other hand, causing me to turn towards it.

The old man was holding me. But his grip was unbelievably strong. Too strong.

"What the heck?" I whispered my voice barely breathing.

I could handle it, in reality. But you could feel a strange strength emanating from him. It was as if he could overpower the other soul-takers. Was this the effect of the drug we got? The one Cecilia had warned us about? The one that was supposed to be different, more powerful? My mind raced, trying to make sense of it all. But the only clear thing was that this situation was about to get a whole lot more complicated.