Ni no Fumi (Part 1)

----+----

h i s a n a _ s u o h

I woke up, surprisingly in the middle of the night, my fuzzy brain unable to process my current whereabouts at the moment. Pushing some sky-blue hair strands away from my face, I blinked my aquatic orbs to adjust in looking around in darkness.

Where am I again?

Ah... in this Sakamaki mansion.

Every part of limb had already refused to move the very moment my entirety hit the soft, comfy queen size bed. I didn't realize I was that tired only from talking with the Sakamaki brothers a few hours ago. Or maybe it was as soon as I stepped into this mysterious place I remembered immediately deciding it as 'home'.

Rubbing my droopy left eye, I adjusted my resting position to face the heavily curtained window on my left while snuggling my shivering body within the warm pristine white sheets. The room wasn't too spacious as it was supposedly enough for one person. It wasn't too dark either since a small ray of moonlight peeking through an opening between the curtains, the ray shining against the lower part of the bed.

'This might not be so bad after all...' I thought positively with determination, and snuggled through the blankets more whilst moving to lie flat on the bed with my attention now at a bare ceiling with only a small chandelier hanging in the center of it.

Blinking at the near bareness of the ceiling, my thoughts couldn't help but drift back to my earlier conversation with Yui, who was asked by Reiji to escort me to my own new room, which she told me beforehand that her room is next to mine.

"How long have you been here in the Sakamaki mansion, Yui-san?"

I blurted out the question, minding my voice to a whisper, as we entered a smaller well-lit hall. I don't think she realized I noticed her flinch at my question, but she didn't stop walking. We didn't stop walking yet.

"Just a week and a half ago," the platinum blonde, still walking, looked at me sideways and furrowed her eyebrows in worry, which made me crease my forehead in confusion. "Like your father, mine told me that I had to move in here since there weren't anyone he could trust, or so he said," Yui looked forward once more as we round about a corner, revealing another small well-lit hall, while dragging my trolly. "I am not in the place to question his decisions, even if I wanted to."

"Somehow, my father would have said the similar thing to me," I piped in softly, adjusting my bag comfortably on my back. "Unlike you, I always question them. Not that I don't trust my father or anything, but most of the time and as naturally, I just had to be cautious." Moving my sky-blue bangs away from my eyes, I shook my head gravely, causing both of us to stop at our tracks with Yui looking at me curiously.

"Why do you have to be cautious of your father?" Yui asked, holding onto my trolly.

As I was about to answer Yui, I distincly heard someone saying this:

'It's because Ryo was never your real father in the first place. It was only natural of you to be suspicious.'

The 'voice' fainted with a soft groan, following the--

Pound. Pound.

Not expecting two awful throbs in a row to come back after the first 'attack' earlier at the living room, I held up both hands on my aching head as I gritted in pain. "A-Ah!" Clutching through my hair in attempts to ease the pain a little bit, I knelt down on my knees with my head hanging low, letting out a groaning of pain in the process.