[40] The final countdown

Monomi stood on her floating platform in the center of the coliseum, her voice amplified by the microphone in her hand. The excitement in the arena was palpable, with the human and elemental students filling the stands and cheering for their respective teams.

Monomi: "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the final match of the IIMT Summer Games! Today, we will see two incredible teams face off for the championship title! On one side, we have the underdog team that has captured the hearts of our human students! Led by the lightning-fast Kard, with the powerful close combat expert Isa, the defensive powerhouse Rumble, the long-range sniper Kuro, and the unpredictable Biggy the pingu! Please welcome...The Iron Angel division!"

The crowd erupted in cheers, particularly from the human students, as Kard's team walked onto the battlefield, waving and acknowledging their supporters. The energy in the coliseum was electric as everyone awaited the introduction of their opponents.

Monomi: "And on the other side, we have the team that has long been revered by our elemental students – a team that has dominated the IIMT Summer Games for years! Led by the multi-talented and powerful Amare, with the kind-hearted and strategic Veritas, the sadistic and cunning Zeloto, the quiet yet deadly Wyndham, and the young prodigy Illyria! Please give a warm welcome to... The Student Council Team!"

The elemental students in the audience roared with approval, sending waves of excitement throughout the coliseum. The Student Council Team entered the battlefield, their faces calm and focused, ready for the challenge that awaited them.

Monomi: "Ladies and gentlemen, the moment we've all been waiting for is almost upon us! Let's get ready for the final showdown between these two incredible teams. Our countdown begins now!"

The announcer raised her arm, and a timer appeared on the giant monitor on the side of the arena, displaying three minutes.

Monomi: "Three minutes until the start of the final match! Both teams, take this time to prepare yourselves, and may the best team win!"

The audience buzzed with anticipation, while the two teams used the remaining time to discuss last-minute strategies, check their equipment, and mentally prepare for the battle ahead. The countdown continued, with the numbers ticking down second by second, heightening the excitement and tension in the coliseum.

Me: "Alright, everyone, this is it. The final match. I know we've come a long way, and we've faced some tough opponents, but we've made it here together as a team. I am proud of each and every one of you. Remember, no matter what happens out there, we've already proven that we're more than just underdogs. We're a family, and we're here to show everyone that we can stand up to any challenge."

Isa: "That's right, Kard. We've got your back, and we know you've got ours."

Kuro: "Let's give it our all, and make sure they never forget our names."

Rumble: "Yeah! Let's go out there and show them what we're made of!"

Biggy: "Prrrrrrrr!"

With our spirits high, me and my team were ready to face the student council in the final match.

***

Amare: "Listen up, everyone. Today, we face a team of mere humans who have somehow managed to crawl their way into the finals. But let us not forget who we are. We are the Student Council of the International Institute of Magic and Technology. We are the elite, the best of the best. We cannot allow ourselves to be defeated by such lowly creatures."

Veritas: "Amare, let's not underestimate them. They've come this far for a reason."

Amare: "Hmph, fine. But mark my words, we will not lose. We will demonstrate the true power and superiority of elementals, and put those humans back in their place."

Zeloto: "Heh, sounds like fun."

Wyndham: "Let's just focus on the match and give it our best."

Illyria: "Right, we can do this!"

With determination and a hint of arrogance, the Student Council team prepared to face the Iron Angel division in the final match.

***

10...

I can't wait to hear them scream and plead for mercy...Zeloto thought, as his lips form into a wicked grin.

9...

"Gabu gabu!" Biggy made some pingu noises.

8...

Veritas...I will show you that picking that human boy is the wrong choice...Wyndham thought.

7...

"Time to beat the crap out of them." Rumble smashed his fist against his palm.

6...

Will Wyndham senpai notice me?...Illyria thought, as she looked to Wyndham.

5...

This is it. Kuro thought, her expression betraying no emotions.

4...

Kard... Veritas thought with a worried voice.

3...

"Let's show them what we are made of!" Isa raised her spear and yelled.

2...

I will crush those underlings and put them back to their place... Amare thought and sneered.

1...

"Lets give them all we got!" I yelled.

GO!

The horn blew, the final battle was on.

Q: Are you hyped for the final tournament?