Chapter 1 ~ Dragon Flower

Berk is a small island in the middle of nowhere. So when we get a taste of something new...

"Trader Johann is here. Trader Johann!" Bucket exclaimed as a merchant ship pulled into port to dock.

We tend to go a little overboard. Unfortunately, new isn't always good.

Johann smiled and spread his arms as he released a relaxed breath when his ship was anchored down. "Ah, Berk, my favorite of all the islands I travel to."

"Where have you been this time, Trader Johann?" Bucket asked excitedly as he bounced in place on the docks.

"Oh, Bucket, the things I've seen, the people I've met! I'd need a week to regale you, but alas, we have limited time to conduct our business together. Whatever it is you're looking for I can assure you you'll find it here!" Johann said happily as the tribe crowded around his ship excitedly.

People began filing onto his ship and looking through all the wares, nothing but excitement radiating off the Vikings as they did. Hiccup and Kala were able to get on board and maneuver around everyone as they looked through things, Kala keeping close to him and holding his hand to calm her nerves.

Although it had been a few months since her secret was revealed to the Vikings, she was still very hesitant to be going about in human form so often. Especially around Astrid.

"It's all mine. I call dibs on everything." Snotlout said as he began to search through the wares, being the smug boy he was.

"I've got food of all sorts, spices, exotic animals..." Johann listed off as he milled about the deck with a smile.

The twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut were looking about with mischievous intentions. Tuffnut's attention was caught by one of the animals to the left of him and he got closer to see what it was.

"Is that moving? Does that one move?" He asked as Johann passed, but he got his answer as the animal lunged at him from within its cage. "Whoa!"

"Works of art, jewelry, not to mention, knowledge." Johann continued.

Fishlegs came up to the merchant with a book in hand. "Trader Johann, is this your only book on botany?"

Johann turned to the Ingerman and smiled when he took notice of the item. "Yes, Mr. Fishlegs. Why it was given to me by the author himself."

"Would you take this necklace? It's made from baby dragons' teeth." Fishlegs offered as he held up the necklace in question.

"Fair enough Mr. Fishlegs." Johann agreed, accepting the offered accessory.

Fishlegs walked off happily as he began to read through his new book, walking past Snotlout who just so happened to be checking himself out in a mirror he found.

"Oooh, I'm even better looking than I thought."

Astrid rolled her eyes as she passed the Jorgenson, then she stopped in her tracks when she saw Gobber and raised a brow in confusion. "You okay there, Gobber?"

"I'm better than okay, I'm in heaven!" The blacksmith replied as he busied himself with feeling some purple silk.

Hiccup picked up a small jar and looked at it curiously. Kala tilted her head as she looked at it as well and her nose scrunched up slightly when she caught a whiff of the contents.