[ Prologue . . ]

YOUR POV

The people around me always considered me as a genius.

I never thought much of it , honestly. Though . . I always had the burden of high expectations , back at home.

It all changed when I joined in as a researcher at Herta's Space Station.

Research was my one way of escapism , from reality , from the expectations , and many other things.

" Goodbye , for now , my sweet [Y/N]. " I heard my aunt say , I just smiled bitterly then left for the Space Station, leaving without a word.

The journey there was tiring.

Then when I finally arrived , there was a young looking girl with long , light brown hair and purple eyes . . who , seemed like a puppet ? She had a young lady with pink hair , and light blue eyes next to her. They seemed like they were expecting someone.

" Madam Herta , is that them ? " The pink haired girl suddenly spoke, her voice had a sweet tone to it.

" Indeed , Asta. Go ahead and greet them , I'll attend to somewhere else for now. " The puppet-looking girl replied , despite her saying that she'll attend to somewhere else - she just stood there , not moving.

'Hm , Asta and Herta . . those are their names , huh ?' I thought to myself , then as I went out Asta came towards me.

" Hello , Greetings ! You must be [Y/N] [L/N] , the newest Astrological Researcher here and Herta's new Assistant? I'm Asta, Lead Astronomer here at Herta's Space Station. I usually keep things here in check, I hope we get along well. " Asta said, with a polite smile. She had a calm and sweet aura around her , her demeanor feigning innocence.

" It's nice to meet you, Asta. " I replied, returning her the same polite smile she gave me.

" . . You're very pretty. " I added , complimenting her. I wasn't lying though, Asta seemed taken aback by my comment , but she didn't seem to mind it.

" Ah . . Thank you , [Y/N]. Would you perhaps want me to introduce you to the other staff , and perhaps maybe members of the Astral Express? "

" Astral Express ? Is it similar to Herta's Space Station ? "

" Mhm , actually . . It's just nearby. "

" Alright , but introduce me to the other staff first. "

" Hm . . . Ooh , I know someone you'd definitely want to know of ! " Asta said , a slight hint of excitement in her tone as she led me to wherever she was going to take me.

ARLAN'S POV

I'm just at the Security Department , just doing my usual work - checking the surveilance cameras for any signs of the Antimatter Legion within the Space Station. Then , I saw a familiar face coming in - It was Asta. And.. she had someone with her ? It was an unfamiliar face , and I got a bit suspicious.

" Asta , who is this ? Is this another trespasser ? " I said , the suspicion being quite evident in my voice.

" Relax , Arlan. They're just a new staff member , you know - The new researcher , and Herta's new assitant. [Y/N] , this is Arlan - Head of the Security Department. Arlan , this is [Y/N]. " Asta said , smiling.

I simply nodded , and looked back at the Surveilance Cameras.

" If the both of you have nothing else to do , then feel free to leave - I have work to do. " I replied , then both of them left. They were talking to eachother , though - I just couldn't hear.