[ CH 03 . It's not like that at all! ]

[ A/N : Hello! I apologize for not updating this fic. I needed a mental health break as I've been having family problems, and I've recently been busy with trying to take care of myself. I hope you guys understand, so I'll atleast try to make this chapter slightly longer than the others so I can make up for the lack of updates. Also, thanks for the high amount of reads!! I appreciate it alot, I'm so glad this fic is getting tons of love 🫶 ]

[ [Y/N]'s POV. ]

[ Timeskip , already at Jarilo-VI - Belobog's Administrative District. ]

" Stelle, March, Dan Heng.. You guys already memorize the places around this planet, right? " Asta asked, tilting her head slightly.

" Yep! You don't have to worry, leave it me on the navigati-! " While March was blabbering, Dan Heng immediately stopped her.

" Hold it right there, March. We'd probably get lost when you're the one navigating, leave it to me. "

" Gosh.. Fine, Dan Heng! " March looked away, making a pouty face. Stelle and Asta just laughed at the scenario, while me and Arlan were staring at them blankly.

" Arlan, [Y/N], why aren't you two chatting? " asked Asta.

" Uhm. "

" It feels.. awkward? " I spoke, slightly unsure of how to word it.

Honestly, I just didn't really know how to talk to Arlan. He seemed to be the reserved type. But I'm the one who wanted to befriend him, so why am I the one not engaging in conversations with him? Why can't I just pull myself together??

" What about we leave you guys alone? " March smiled at me and Arlan.

" For the first time, you actually have a good idea. " Dan Heng said, I chuckled at his comment.

" That's a good idea, March. I mean, atleast the two will get some alone time. " Stelle added, looking at me and blinking a few times as if she was saying " Are you alright with that blud? "

Before I could speak, Arlan already spoke for me.

" I don't mind. I suppose I'd like to know [Y/N] more personally. " He smiled faintly, ohmygod why is he so cute when he smiles?? DOES HE LIKE ME?? Wait, I shouldn't be too assuming.

Asta nodded, and then Stelle spoke.

" Hm.. What about we go to Serval's workshop in the meantime? I feel like you'd get along with her, Asta. "

" Hmm.. alright then! "

" Yay! I really want to catch up with Serval. " March chirped, while Dan Heng just nodded quietly in response.

" See you guys later, say in about an hour? " Stelle asked.

" An hour ? That's too lo- " As I was speaking, I got cut off by Arlan.

" That's no problem. Enjoy. "

I blinked a few times in confusion. Before snapping back to reality and realising that Asta, March, Stelle and Dan Heng already left.

" So.. what was that for? " I asked.

" What was what for? "

" ...Nevermind. So... how are you? "

There was some awkward silence for a little bit.. Before he answered.

" I'm fine. And.. it isn't so bad here. I like the snow. "