[ CH 01 . The First Step ]

YOUR POV

Ah , another day in the Space Station.

I got myself ready , and put on appropriate attire in order to start the day.

I went outside of my quarters and into the lounge , I had a quick cup of coffee then I headed off to the Base Zone of the Space Station , then I saw Asta.

" Ah , [Y/N] ! Over here ! " Asta said , she was sitting down on a couch across the room - patting the empty spot next to her.

I nodded , and did as she wished. I sat down next to her , and smiled politely.

" Hi , Asta. What's up ? Did anything happen recently ? "

" Oh , nothing much. I just wanted a quick chat. "

" .. soo . .? "

It was awkward, really.

We were just sitting on the couch, looking at eachother. Knowing Asta , she isn't the type to break the silence. But I don't want to break the silence either , it would probably be humiliating.

Me and Asta just . . looked at eachother. She had a nervous expression on her face , while my expression was what you can describe as.. "blank" , or any other word similar to that.

Well , I just broke the silence for Asta's sake anyway regardless of how humiliating it would probably be. When I was about to open my mouth - Asta broke the silence before I could.

" Ah ! Now I remember what I was going to say , well - Me and March are planning an outing. We might invite Arlan with us too ! You two might bond more , since you know . . the bet ? "

" ! "

" Why that expression ? Are you that shocked ? "

" How did you - "

" I overheard from another researcher. "

" Gosh . . you're really into chisme , huh ? "

" No I'm not ! I mean , you'll need my help and support if you want to win Arlan over. "

" . . Fine , fine. "

" Yay ! I'll tell the others in the groupchat , maybe Dan Heng and Stelle can tag along. "

" Ah . . so , basically - our friendgroup going out on an outing , featuring Arlan ? "

" He'll bring Peppy, you know ! "

" You got me at the mention of Peppy, I guess I'll agree now . . "

" Alright, lets message the groupchat - do you have your phone with you ? "

" Pfft , Asta , you know I'd NEVER leave my phone in my room. "

" You do have a point . . "