Chapter : One

The screen lightens up to show Sarah getting ready for school. She then takes her book and walks down the stairs and into the kitchen where her father was drinking coffee.

"Hey dad" Sarah greeted her father.

"Hey kid where's your brother?" Sheriff asked.

"Probably at Scott's or at the school." Sarah said taking a drink from his cup making the Sheriff playfully glare at her.

"Well I'm off to class. Can you drop me off?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah come on." Sheriff said walking towards his cop car.

________________________

Isaac was walking to school. He got a call from Scott asking him to meet him at school.

Isaac was on his phone when he saw a familiar porsche driving past him. He stop thinking when did Jackson came back.

"When did this asshole come back?" Isaac said to himself.

"What did you say?" A voice came from behind him. 

Turning around Isaac saw it was the owner of freak house Mr. Vreeke. 

"Uh... nothing sir." Isaac stuttered.

Across the street Lily and Mrs. Martin were in car.

"Oh that guy is super weird." Lily said.

"That poor man. So awful what happened to those people." Mrs. Martin said.

"I was talking about the kid." Lily said.

"What are you doing here?" Mr. Vreeke asked.

"I was just on my way to school." Isaac said.

"You should be more careful where you loiter, you hear me?" Mr. Vreeke asked.

"Yes Mr. Vreeke, I hear you." Isaac said slowly walking back.

"This world swallows up kids like you." Mr. Vreeke said.

Isaac quickly runs away.

________________________

The screen shows Lily on video call with her friend during a test.

"It's been two hour since I've posted and he hasn't commented. He hasn't even liked it. You show it." Lily said.

"Yeah gorge. Seriously I don't know what he's problem is." Her friend Aliza said.

"Thank you. It's not like I post all the time, just enough to stay relevant. But it's cute enough for Noah to atleast..." Lily was interrupted by Aliza.

"Hey, there's some rando behind you." Aliza said. 

Lily turned around to see her teacher.

"Hi" Lily said with a smile.

"Hi, Lily did you make a call during a quiz?" Her teacher asked.

"Yeah. But I finished my quiz already." Lily said.

"Oh okay. Well, have you noticed that other people haven't?" The teacher asked. Lily looks at others.

"So?" she asked.

"Oh I'm sorry. Let me back up. You're aware there other people in the world, right?" The teacher said making the students chuckle.

"Look, um, you know, I'm dealing with something right now, and trust me I'm no happier than you are. I'm having a crisis, my sister is busy with her friends so my friend Aliza, I mean she's supporting me as a women, and it feels like maybe you should too." Lily said. Aliza and the teacher gave Lily a look.

"Just hang up the phone." The teacher said.

"Okay, I'll wrap it up." Lilly said.

"Lily, hang it up now." The teacher said.

"Two minutes and we're done." Lily said.

"And that's detention." Teacher said. 

 ________________________

The screen changes to boys locker room. 

Isaac was in his lacrosse uniform when Jackson entered. 

Isaac looked at him making Jackson snap.

"What are you looking at?" 

"When did you some back?" Isaac asked.

"Why do you care?" Jackson asked.

"Are you in control?" Isaac asked.

"I'm more in control than you." Jackson pushed Isaac making him angry.

The two start to fight each other. Mr. Harris saw this and gave them both detention. 

________________________

The screen changes to gym. 

"All right, keep those arms pumping. Let's go." The Gym teacher said.

Lily enters the gym late.

"Lily you're late." The teacher said.

"Sorry." Lily said joining the people doing lapse.

A few people behind Jackson and Danny were doing lapse together.

"I heard she broke up with Noah." Danny said.

"This could be you're opening to get over Lydia." Danny joked.

"Yeah sure, by going after her sister." Jackson scoffed.

The teacher blows the whistle making everyone stop.

"All right, we'll practice catching and throwing. So partner up and grab a basket ball. Let's move!" The teacher said.

"Hey Sarah you can't play catch by you're self. So pair up. Come on let's go" The teacher said to Sarah you was sitting on the bleachers drawing something.

"No No I'm good." Sarah said politely. Isaac was in the background pairing up with Scott.

"Okay you have to participate just like everybody else. Otherwise, why are you even here?" The teacher asked.

"It's a requirement." Sarah said. 

"Sarah..." Sarah interrupted the teacher.

"I think it's pointless. Gym class isn't gonna get me into NYU, and I don't understand the obsession with throwing a ball into a hoop and, "Touchdown, five points!" Sarah said.

"Okay. There's a lot wrong with that, but first if all it's physical activity, which is good for you. With other people, also good for you." The teacher said while Isaac and Scott were looking at them listening to what was happening.

"And if you try it, you might even have some fun." The teacher said.

"Fun. That's what we're doing here? Fun? This is school. We're supposed to be learning things that actually matter." Sarah said.

"Okay Sarah..." The teacher said.

"We don't have a lot of time in this life and I personally don't wanna waste it on being, like, a gym teacher." Sarah said then instantly regretted.

"That.. That.. That came out wrong." Sarah said.

"Yeah, it sure did. That's detention" The teacher said.

"That was hard core." Isaac said. 

________________________