3

3. Chapter 3

When Flash came on the third night of his banishment, he saw the sign posted outside and nearly screamed.

'Flash, you know what I'm going to say', it read. He looked in at the girl behind the counter as she glared pointedly back at him. He gave her a charming smile, one he knew worked wonders on her before, but it fell short this time as she pointed for him to leave.

With a frustrated sigh, the Flash ran behind the shop and asked J'onn to zeta him up to the tower. As he felt his molecules re-aligning themselves, he could feel his frown etch deeper into his expression. This was the third night he'd been turned away, and he expected that Erin would mess up his drink again.

Every time, she made the drink slightly off, not enough to throw away, but just enough to upset his mood.

"She still throwing you out?" The amused voice of John Stewart greeted him at his entrance.

"She made a sign!" Flash cried, throwing his hands in the air.

The Martian smiled at that, thinking back to his conversation with her. It seemed she thought a sign would do the trick if the Flash kept appearing in her shop. With thoughts of coffee came the thought of the book he had laying near his bed in the Watchtower. He vowed to find time to read every night in order to get the book back to the young barista sooner, but he also didn't want to rush through the story. Decisions, decisions.

"Who's going to do the run tonight?" Flash sighed in defeat.

"Superman is talking with foreign dignitaries over the monitor as of thirty minutes ago." The Martian supplied. "I am making sure the video feed goes uninterrupted."

"Batman is watching the screens." John said, "Hal is on Oa and I've got to prepare for a mission."

"I'll go." Came the admission from one of their beautiful coworkers. The Amazon princess Diana was eager to meet the coffee girl. From what she saw when Clark, J'onn, and Wally returned, they seemed far more relaxed than the last time she'd seen them. She wanted to see this girl's calming magic in action.

Flash nodded before quickly zooming all over the tower for the coffee orders. Yesterday, Robin was in charge of grabbing the orders. He wasn't too happy about it, but the league thought that the young protégées could do that much. It was like intern work at the least.

Diana quickly grabbed the note when Flash returned and J'onn wasted no time in zetaing her down behind the Coffee Shop. Diana walked confidently and near excitedly into the shop, surprised at its interior.

The shop exuded an air of comfort, with plush seating and lowered lighting. Light piano music played in the background, and a young, pretty barista was rubbing a coffee cup dry in soothing motions behind the counter.

Diana pushed the door open, making the young Barista open her eyes, and she gave the Amazon a tired smile. Something about the barista put Diana into a relaxed state. Maybe it was the overly nonthreatening air she put out or maybe it was the look of a long shift about her, but the Amazon instantly liked their Coffee girl even more.

"Good evening, what can I get you?" She asked, setting the cup down. "The usual?"

"I have a list for you." Diana said, watching closely as the girl's eyes turned serious. The barista seemed to ponder over the order before she nodded to herself and set to work. The Amazon found the motions the girl was making intensely calming for some reason, so she took a seat at the nearby bar just to watch her work. It was like watching an artist create several masterpieces at once with both care and gentleness. "You are good at this."