4 𓇬 Is He Trying To Get Himself Arrested?

𓈒⠀𓂃⠀⠀˖⠀𓇬⠀˖⠀⠀𓂃⠀𓈒

"So, about the job you said you're both working on... I mean, unless your cases are confidential, that's completely fine!" Atsushi asks in the most awkward way possible.

I just dont understand how he manages to outdo his own awkwardness every single time...

Kunikida then tells us "Actually, today's job doesn't require any secrecy. We're looking for a tiger"

I knew it...

We need to leave.

We should've left earlier.

We can't just run off now or it'll seem suspicious.

But, Atsushi will definitely give something away if he tries speak-

That's when i hear plates crashing..

I let out a sigh already knowing what happened.

He can be such an idiot...

"Atsushi!" i scold, trying to hide my annoyance but failing completely.

"I'm so sorry about him... but it's about time we left anyways" I stand from my chair trying politely to dismiss ourselves.

I turn to grab Atsushi's arm to pull him up, when i hear Kunikida's voice and feel his hand wrap around my arm.

"Not so fast!"

To think, we couldn't just left peacefully and gotten a free meal if Atsushi had any common sense...

"Is there a problem?" i say, glaring back at Kunikida, waiting for him to let go of my arm.

While also trying to think of any possible way we can get out of this situation.

I hear a slight chuckle from Dazai in the background..

Kunikida turns his gaze away from me and says to Atsushi..

"It seems like you know something you're not sharing with us"

I have to fight against every instinct i have to tell Atsushi to shut up..

But it should be fine.. right?

He doesn't know the whole truth himself...

And when Atsushi does speak up, he says..

"Please, don't try, there's nothing you can do to stop that animal!"

"Tell us what you know about the tiger"

It'll be fine..

He can't give anything away..

"It's after us... it almost killed us. If it's been seen around here, we have to go now! Please just let us go!"

"What do you two know about this tiger?"

I just want to leave.

But, running isn't really an option at this point, considering i'm being practically held prisoner right now.

"That tiger kept attacking our orphanage... Our vegetable garden, our chicken coop, our food warehouse. The orphanage was already on a tight budget, that's why they kicked us out... We lost our home because of that tiger"

They have no reason to suspect us though.. they'll ask some questions then we can leave.

"Back to the tiger, you said it almost killed you?"

Atsushi pauses for a minute, before replying..

"It started showing up two weeks before the orphanage kicked us out, but i've seen it a lot since then. That time, i had seen it in the shadows for a second and then... it started chasing us but we got separated while running and it went after Y/N. I think it's hunting us..."

"When was the last time you saw the tiger?"

"I think i saw it 4 days ago in [a place i have no idea how to spell and i've tried to google it and i failed]"

The detectives confirm his theory, as it had lined up with a witness report they'd received putting the tiger in that area at the same time.

Kunikida then releases his grip on my arm and takes a step back..

I think we're done..

Thank god.

"Atsushi are you free tonight?"

What?

I quickly reply "No, he's not"

I notice Dazai passes a note to Kunikida..

That can't be good.

Atsushi then replies beside me "I know what you're thinking! You're planning to use me as bait"

Dazai then says "There's a reward, you know..."

Oh no...

"Atsushi, no, you really shouldn't do this"

I'm trying my best not to give anything away, but its getting harder and harder...

"You're right, it's not worth it... You are not going to tempt me with a little money"

I finally feel like i can breathe again and i let out a slight sigh of relief..

But, that quickly fades as Atsushi continues..

"But, just so i'm totally clear in my decision..."

Oh god...

"Atsushi!"

But i'm ignored..

And Atsushi continues to ask anyway, "How big is the reward?"

Dazai points a calculator towards us and tells us, "This much"

I hear Atsushi scream when he looks, i let out yet another sigh before looking too...

Woah...

I would seriously consider selling Atsushi out for that kind of money...

𓈒⠀𓂃⠀⠀˖⠀𓇬⠀˖⠀⠀𓂃⠀𓈒

If you could have any ability from the BSD universe, what one would you want?

𓈒⠀𓂃⠀⠀˖⠀𓇬⠀˖⠀⠀𓂃⠀𓈒