26 𓇬 Does He Even Care

𓈒⠀𓂃⠀⠀˖⠀𓇬⠀˖⠀⠀𓂃⠀𓈒

"So i'm.. completely unprofessional?"

Not really looking at me, clearly trying to ignore the situation, Kunikida nonchalantly replies, "I didn't mean to offend you, Y/N"

"I don't really care. And for your information, if i wanted to date someone in the agency i could, and it wouldn't be any of your business!"

Still not looking at me, he responds, "Yes, you're right"

You'd think i'd be happy that he's agreeing with me but it's only irritating me more.

So, i respond by simply reaffirming, "I am!"

Why doesn't he care about this as much as i do?!

"For fucks sake!"

I know i'll hate myself later, but for now i'm committed to it, so i continue, "If there's something you want to say.. just hurry up and do it"

And with that the anxiety kicked in, the second i saw him turn to look at me, i immediately turned to leave with an annoyed sigh.

But at the door, i stopped, just to clear one last thing up..

"And, in case you cared.. I was not flirting with Ranpo in the slightest. Dazai is just.. Dazai"

And with that, I left down the corridor..

Kunikida went to call after me, but no words actually came out as he only argued with his own thoughts.

Walking down the hallway, i was basically deafened by the sound of my own heartbeat, not to mention my incredibly irrational thoughts.

I looked to the office but i didn't have the energy to deal with Dazai's mocking.

Not to mention Kunikida whenever he gets back..

By the time i'd made up my mind, i was basically at the front door, and not wanting to deal with the outside world, i just slumped against the wall.

I don't know why i've got myself so worked up over all of this!

It's not like it even matters!

He probably doesn't even know what i'm talking about..

And i just said all of that?!

Sitting there, my over-thinking gets the better of me and i feel the tears pricking at my eyes.

I'm just tired of it..

Then i hear the sound of the door opening.

Are you fucking kidding me?!

Just give me a br-

But when i look up my tear-filled eyes meet Atsushi's..

Shit..

"Y/N.? What's wrong?"

I don't think he's seen me cry since we were kids.

In the orphanage, even when we were homeless, i always tried to stay strong for him.

So much for that..

And failing at that kind of sets me off again as i bury my head in my arms once again.

While i'm sure he must've been confused or worried, he didn't say anything and simply took a seat on the floor next to me.

I'll say thank you later..

That's if i can ever formulate a sentence again.

𓈒⠀𓂃⠀⠀˖⠀𓇬⠀˖⠀⠀𓂃⠀𓈒

I've had this chapter planned for a whileeeee xD and it's finally published!!

Also two chapters in one day! Woo! ^-^

𓈒⠀𓂃⠀⠀˖⠀𓇬⠀˖⠀⠀𓂃⠀𓈒