Suicide Squad: Versus

I didn't catch on to 'Peacemaker' so I'm ignoring the events that unfold in that. This pitch is a direct sequel to 'The Suicide Squad', 'Birds of Prey', and their infamous predecessor.

Task Force X members Bloodsport, Harley, Ratcatcher, and Nanaue, go on separate ways after the Corto Maltese job and the disc remain in their possession as leverage. Waller chooses not to play ball and sends assassins after them. They survive their respective hits, but the disc is destroyed. In effect, Bloodsport re-assemble and leads the team again, to the US to kill Waller before she gets them killed. Harley pulls strings of her fellow Birds of Prey, Huntress, for assistance.

Meanwhile, Waller assigns a new Task Force X, to be led by Peacemaker. Deadshot and Killer Croc return, alongside new members. Their objective is to kill the other Suicide Squad.

I picture this pitch as something in the veins of 2006-2010s action films. I also set in the US and it'd be presented in a homely kind of way - Both as a sense of return for some of the characters (Bloodsport is British, but his daughter is American) and as further critique to the US's Foreign Policy.

Most of the characters are returning from the previous movies. Huntress is the only Bird who returns because I don't find the others interesting. The new characters, I can't list them, because I have no knowledge on the source materials. I do know my direction for the characters - Since this is to be in the veins of ordinary action films - the characters are just action film heroes and action film villains with gimmicks. I don't want them to feel too "super".

On casting, I wanted Frank Grillo as one of the characters. It's to give this pitch a slice of flavor of Joe Carnahan and Grillo's his man. Coincidentally, Grillo has signed up to play Rick Flag Sr. in current DCEU.

I have a song in mind to be in this but I'm also a bit against having it here. It's Bruce Springsteen's cover of 'War', but it's to be played during an exciting action sequence and that could go against the song's message.