Uramichi Omota I Talk with me

⊳ Fluff with a bit Angst ⊲

Author pov

It was a depressing day at work for Uramichi. He loved the kids and has grown quite attached to the other staff members but he didn't plan that this would be his life. And he especially didn't plan that the girl on set would point out that Uramichi himself was much older than her dad and still had no kids and wasn't married.

"Oh man. Even the kids find it strange." With a sigh he payed for the sake he bought at the convenience store and made his way home.

"Uramichi-san?" The man turned around and faced Y/n. She was new on the show and also worked with the kids in front of the camera. They seemed to adore her and she made it look really easy to tame a bunch of kids during different activities.

"Y/n-chan. Hello." The man tried to hold the bag with the alcohol in it closer to his body, but Y/n had noticed it already.

"Have you bought some sake again? You know it isn't good for your health if you drink a good amount of it almost every day." Her eyebrows furrowed a bit as she stepped near to him and took a peek into the bag. Y/n had him catched several times now, when he was on his way home after buying sake. Every damn time she was there and gave him a lecture before giving up and going home.

Not this time though.

"Do you have plans for the evening." The man didn't need a second to answer her.

"Yes, I have Y/n-chan." He put on a smile he usually used during the show and when he talked with the kids but Y/n could read him like an open book.

"I know you're depressed, Uramichi-san. No need to put up a fake face just to make me go home, leaving you alone. Your cheerful on set attitude won"t work on me." She huffed and took his hand while guiding him to her home. In a way she was kidnapping him because he tried to stop her as she pushed him into her car and drove off while ignoring his curses.

Y/n only stopped when they had reached her house.

Uramichi admired it as he stood in front of it. The house was big and bright and it seemed as if it would invite you to spend a cozy night there. At this point he doesn't even had the need to see the inside to know which vibe the house gave off.

Uramichi had fallen in love with the house already.

"Do you like it? I wanted it when I was a teenager and worked extra hard until I could afford it. Now it's mine and I am really lucky about it. That was the first thing on my bucket list." Y/n closed the car and stepped beside him with a smile all over her face. Uramichi could see how much this meant for her and how proud she was on herself.

He also wanted to feel the proudness the girl beside him radiated off of her body. Furthermore, he just once wanted to feel as if he had accomplished something in his life that had nothing to do with his TV career. Yes, he had done gymnastics but it didn't mean as much to him any more.