Chapter 7: The Salvation

The horrible night has passed and the next day has arrived. At least Miriam and Steve could tell the others that Aaron wasn't to blame for all this, but that he was too powerful: Gaea.

-Guys.-Steve said. -We face a very powerful spirit called Ignis.

- And why the hell is he called Ignis?- Sebastian asked. -I mean, Ignis sounds ignorant.

Miriam nearly spat out orange juice with laughter.

-Ignis means fire in Latin.- Dany said without thinking.

- And how do you know that?- asked Emma, a very quiet girl. -I mean, Latin is difficult and...

-I don't even know, kid.- Dany said amused, considering that the kid was him. - Ask the wise Dany.

Miriam discreetly went to where Steve was. She didn't know why, but since they both fought that night against Gaia and he had protected her from her with her life, she saw him differently; she saw him as a hero.

-Hey Steve.- Miriam said quietly as she rested her hand on her friend's shoulder. -Thanks for saving me last night, you're amazing.

Steve blushed slightly.

-It's the least I could do for you.- he replied to Miriam. -After all, Dany and you mean a lot to me.

- What did I miss last night?- Danny snapped. - Did Aaron screw up again? Did they possess him or something?

- Let's see, bread brain.- Aaron replied dismissively. - Are you so stupid that you don't even know that I'm innocent? If the schizophrenics of your stupid friends say so, believe them because you are just as incompetent as they are.

Miriam couldn't hold it anymore and she mentally focused on Aaron's mobile to see if she dropped it. In effect, the cell phone shot across the room.

- What the hell? -Aaron snapped. - Do they give power to the useless and not me?

-Be careful with what you say. -Miriam replied very seriously. Immediately afterwards, Aaron's mobile quickly returned to his owner, giving him a smack in the face. Most made an effort not to burst out laughing. -I told you not to mess with my friends.

-Stupid geek...- Aaron grumbled as he walked away with his cell phone in hand.

Minutes later, a woman of about 58 appeared at the door. She was of average height, with brown hair and eyes as gray as storm clouds. She was Grutilda, the owner of the residence.

-Guys.- Grutilda announced. -I can provide you with a lot of information about that mystery that you want to solve.

-Thank you so much you're very kind.- Kate said with a smile. -Sit down.

Grutilda looked at Kate and then at Dany, as if she was comparing them.

-First of all, you have to know something, guys.- Grutilda said. - Dany and Kate, you are twin siblings separated when they were little. I didn't make it up, it's true.

-You... How do you know?- Dany asked with wide eyes.

-You will see children...- Grutilda said with a very soft and pleasant tone.- I'm your biological aunt.

Everyone was left with their mouths open.

TO BE CONTINUED...