Chapter 34: The boy with an iron heart

The day of the performance arrived. Well, actually the monitors decided to advance it due to the mystery, how well everyone was doing with the play, etc. So the young people prepared for the performance of the play Fahrenheit 451. Most of them were a little nervous, but the play went perfectly.

After the play, the monitors presented them with the diplomas that accredited that they had completed this theater initiation course. When all the diplomas had been handed out, the monitors let the youngsters go to change, investigate, or even train to face Ignis.

Most of the young people gathered in the sofa room, which throughout the camp had become a favorite meeting place for many.

-Well Luke. -Marco said. - Do you have any invention that can help us?

-Poof. -Luke snorted. -I really don't know, I don't even know if I can survive.

-But why do you say that? -Miriam asked surprised. -If it's because of not having superpowers, don't worry, only a few of us have.

-And if it's because of the possibility of burns, we have a potion to heal burns.- Kate added. - Even so, why do you say so?

- Do you remember that I said that I had an invention in my heart that keeps me alive?- Luke remembered. - At the slightest short circuit or electrical charge, I would die.

Lindsay felt guilty for having electrical powers and she decided to sneak out to an old warehouse, which no one from the camp had ever entered. She sat on the ground, drawing her legs together and tears escaped from her eyes. She felt horrible, she felt wrong, she felt guilty.

-I wish I had never been born. - she muttered to herself as she fingered a plastic cup. -The lives of others would be much easier.

Elsewhere, Dany had decided to go find his friend without anyone else knowing.

Lindsay felt someone open the door, so she threw the plastic cup towards the door, but Dany just walked in and caught it out of the air.

-Good pass.- Dany told her, trying to cheer her up a bit as he sat down Indian way next to his friend. - What's up Lindsay?

-I'm afraid I'm a danger to Luke.- Lindsay said as she wiped away her tears. - You know, because of the electricity.

-Do not believe that. -Dany replied. -There may be very dumb ways in which he can die, for example, if he takes a shower and the water goes the other way... well, I don't know, I don't even know if he tooks showers, he is usually always in room number 13 so...well, he even sleeps there.

- You think?- Lindsay said, a little more animated. - Well, I think that this place is not very appropriate to talk, it is full of dust and we could end up sneezing a lot.

Both friends hugged and then headed for the door. But then they realized something: the door was locked.

-Oh my God. -Dany got scared. - We're going to die here! Well, at least we'll die together.

-I have an idea. -Lindsay said, removing one of her hair pins to open the door. -Voila.

- You are a genius Lindsay!- Dany said. -You have saved me, you are my hero.

Lindsay giggled a bit and Dany did too. They both went back to the living room, but this time only Kate and Luna and Alice and Miriam were left. Both couples were hugging, being together and loving each other so much that they didn't even notice Lindsay and Dany's arrival.

-Maybe we should kiss to break the tension.- Lindsay teased Dany, but Dany blushed a bit anyway. That caught the attention of Kate and Luna, who were surprised and saw their friends. Kate had a surprised face and Luna looked at her friends with a mischievous smile. -See, it worked, and yes we have caught her attention.

-So, no kiss?- Luna asked.- I mean, like Lindsay said...

-It was a joke.- Lindsay and Dany said. -Hehehehe.

-Let's see if I'll make them kiss as a joke too...- Luna murmured- Hehehe.

TO BE CONTINUED...