Local Girl Found After 10 Years

Lily Bernstein,16, was found over the weekend after being missing from her home for 10 years. Bernstein, who was 6 when she was reportedly assaulted and kidnapped from her home, was found by her older sister in front of their house this morning.

One fateful morning 10 years ago, her older sister awoke to find her little sister gone from her room. The only thing that remained of her was blood splattered and her pinky finger. This disappearance lead to a statewide search for the young girl, where she was thought to be deceased.

The Bernstein family could not be reached for comment, but police insiders say the case has been opened back up in hopes to find the perpetrator. They also say Bernstein is actively participating in interviews and that she has forgotten a lot of information due to the trauma she has faced in the past 10 years.

According to hospital reports obtained, Bernstein sustained minimal injuries, with many other wounds from when she was first kidnapped.

Our sources also say that the task force is skeptical of the fact that she remembers nothing from the past 10 years.

But what we do know is that everyone is grateful to have the young girl back and the task force is dedicated to solving this horrible crime.

We will keep you updated as this story progresses.

I normally don't like making author's notes, but I just want to say this is a very bad newspaper article that I have tried to write. I'm trying to stick to a publishing schedule, so I just had to publish this. I don't know if it's just me, but something seems off about this "newspaper article"

I'll probably edit it later, but for now, you get this! :)

I hope you enjoy this story so far!