Astraphobia and Struggles (Tails & Sheila) 💟❤️‍🩹

(Fanart above made by MauriceSonic30)

(Spoilers for The Hero & The Alpha fanfic and this story takes place in the Sonic movie 3, hope you enjoy this story.)

Narrator's POV

It was really stormy outside tonight, the wachowski family are asleep except Sheila and and her wolf friend, Terry, are still awake in the middle of the night because of two reasons, one: It's really noisy outside in a crazy wild weather tonight and couldn't sleep. Two: insomnia. Sheila was struggling with the stress when it comes to her wolf pack, ever since she became the new Alpha after Millie's death. Sheila was struggling with the stress when it comes to that, Kyle became the new Beta, her second-in-command of the wolf pack, they both struggled with the stress from them because, being an Alpha is a big struggle for Sheila, and Kyle is also struggling with it as a Beta. Sheila knows how Millie feels with her struggles as being an Alpha and taking a lot of responsibility.

Suddenly, a loud lightning strikes and it flashed, Sheila and Terry jumped from a loud scream, Sheila can hear a whimpering coming from the attic. She went up to the attic and check up to see if Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are alright, she slowly opens the top door and carefully not to wake up anyone, she looked and saw Sonic and Knuckles are sleeping peacefully, but Tails is curled up into a ball and was whimpering. Sheila's eyes widened to see and hear the poor fox scared and having anxiety, she got into the attic quietly and walked to Tails and sees him shaking and his eyes were closed and his eyes are also tearing up, Sheila started to get worried about him.

Sheila: "Tails?"

Tails yelped and look up to see Sheila with teared up eyes and sees she looks worried.

Tails: "Sheila...?"

Tails started crying and he jumped to her in a hug and started sobbing in her chest which it surprised Sheila.

Sheila: "Hey, Tails, what's wrong?"

Sheila hugs him back and rubs his back with her hand to calm him down. She is really surprised that Sonic and Knuckles are still sleeping during this crazy weather, She guess that they're all heavy sleepers.

Tails: "This is to much for me...! I'm scared, Sheila! I feel like I'm gonna have a panic attack!"

Sheila: "Whoa! Hey, hey, buddy, it's okay, just try to calm down."

Tails: "I can't! It's too much!"

Sheila: "Hey, Tails, listen to me."

Then the thunder stroked again it scared Tails even more.

Tails: "Sheila, I'm scared!"

Sheila: "Tails! Look at me!"

Tails looks at her with teary eyes and still shaking.

Sheila: "I want to look at me, and breathe slowly, do it with me, okay?"

Tails slowly nodded at her, then they both slowly inhale and slowly let's out an exhale. Tails slowly starts to calm down, Sheila and Terry gives Tails a moment to breathe before it picks up the pace again, after Tails calms down, Sheila smiled softly and she gently wipes his tears away from his eyes.

Sheila: "There we go. Are you okay now?"

Tails nods his head and smiles back at her.