THIRTY-THREE

"Naya!" Frog called, "NAYA!" They flew around the four, tall bases, searching every bit of land. Frog thought of their abilities and unwrapped their hand- 

"Oh, yeah," They said to themselves. "It was a dream..." Frog was about to wrap their hand in the bandage again when a sudden sharp pain in the cut made them scream in pain. The small frog-hatted person ducked out of the air in between Pine and Ember's bases, their hand blazing like fire. 

Frog ripped the bandage off and gasped in terror. There was a little spec of skulk in their scar, growing bigger by the second and spreading through their body like wildfire.

Pearl paced around at the side of the circle of hermits, thinking deeply.

Cleo, False, and Gem chatted while Stress tried to calm Scar down. Iskall, Mumbo and Grian were talking- probably planning pranks again- and Xisuma stood off to the side. He leaned against a tree, staring upwards at nothing. After a moment, Pearl walked up to the admin and leaned against the tree beside him.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?" She asked, trying to be as annoying as possible on purpose. 
X snickered and continued staring at space. He finally sighed and said, "How are we going to get Cub and Ember back?"

"I'm... not sure." Pearl looked at the admin's concealed face. "Frog's gone to get Naya back here again... Pine's hanging around Scar and Stress... We're talking under a tree..."

That final sentence made X laugh quietly, and I grinned proudly to myself. 

"Still... It's hard imagining we went through all of the stuff with the skulk... and then... There were only two weeks of peace and nothingness! Two weeks!" Xisuma stopped, his expression growing darker.

"We can only hope that time will provide itself useful."

Sorry Ember, nobody's saving you in this chapter..! But I hope Naya does, or someone else. I didn't save Ember and Cub because

1: I don't really know how

2: It's 1 am and i'm exhausted.