FIFTY-SEVEN

If you've read Ember's chapter, you'll know they've stopped participating in the collab chapters. This may or may not be forever. I fully respect their decision. Thanks for participating in the collab, Ember.

Skulky Cub may or may not be skulky...

...

but I have lore to write

Lizzie felt her fur prickle and stand up. This was rare, as the Empires server was calm and peaceful (most of the time). She knew something was wrong this time. Something was very wrong.

She equipped her elytra and grabbed some rockets. Quickly, the cat hybrid soared through the air- over top of countless builds, trees, and rivers- until she reached the rift. It was sealed now, but knowing something was wrong, Lizzie tried to re-open it.

She scratched at it, tried to mine it, threw potions at it- but nothing worked...

Until...

A small piece of the sealed rift chipped away. There was a portal behind it.

Carefully, Lizzie widened the hole until it was big enough for a cat hybrid like her. She left a note on the ground and entered the rift.

LDShadowLady left the game

(oNe miLLiseCoNd lAteR)

LDShadowLady joined the game

And, just like that, she was in HermitCraft again. The rift had opened completely somehow. But, it was opened. And she was going to fix the proble-

Grian: AAaAAA GOD
Grian: SOMEBODY HEPL
Grian: ITS EVERYWHER
Xisuma: WHAT WHERE
Grian: SKULK AT MY BASE

Or, maybe not.

No. She couldn't think like that.

Lizzie found an elytra in her inventory and blasted off into the air, landing on Grian's rock bridge. First thing she noticed, obviously, was the amount of skulk everywhere.
Then she noticed a Grian screaming and almost avoiding death multiple times. Quickly, Lizzie bolted towards him, slicing a diamond sword at the skulk. It let out soft shrieks, like distant screaming, and started aiming for her instead.

Slice at it.

Slice at it.

"Why. Won't. This. STUPID. PLANT. DIE!?" Lizzie yelled, slicing at it again and again.

Smallishbeans joined the game

InTheLittleWood joined the game

fWhip joined the game

MythicalSausage joined the game

SolidarityGaming joined the game

Pixlriffs joined the game

"What-?" While Lizzie was distracted, the skulk lunged at her. She screeched as she was pinned to a wall, the skulk wrapping around her arms and legs and tail.

She heard Grian yell and saw him fly away quickly. 

So much for trying to help him.

Lizze struggled as the skulk tangled around her. She bit down on a tentacle of skulk, her sharp teeth piercing the plant.

Suddenly a sharp sword sliced through the skulk. Then another. And another. Before long Lizzie was nearly free of it. She saw a hand reaching for her and took it in her own. The cat hybrid was pulled to her feet by her husband, Joel, who looked furious. 

He threw potions of harming at the plant as it tried to attack the group. 

Somebody yelled "Plug your ears!" Lizzie flattened her ears to her head tightly and faintly heard a high-pitched shriek, forcing the skulk away. 

"RUN!"

Joel grabbed Lizzie's arm and flew away from the bridge. They were closely followed by FWhip, Sausage, Jimmy, Pix, and Martyn. The group flew away as quickly as they could and ended up somewhere near spawn.

Four brand new bases towered over the group of Empires members. Well... not completely brand new, but close enough.
They could provide shelter from the skulk...

"What do we have here...?

Lizzie stiffened and turned around quickly, her tail bushing up. It looked to be a mound of skulk with pale-purple wings. After closer inspection, Lizzie could see a face and a leg. It was a person.

The person was sitting by a tree, staring at the Empires group with a wide, evil grin.

Martyn backed away from the person.

"Is that a Watcher?" Lizzie heard Jimmy ask. She saw Martyn shake his head.

"That is no Watcher... It's a very skulk-infested Listener. Back away very slowly." Martyn hissed, backing away.

The skulk-infested... "Listener", as Martyn had called it, blinked. It's eyes were dark like skulk. It stood up and took a step forward with a massive grin.

Martyn took a deep breath. He turned to the others, keeping an eye on the skulk-infested thing
"I need all of you to get out of here. Fast." He whispered, "I'll hold it back for now, but you need to find the hermits."

Joel nodded without hesitation, gripping Lizzie's hand in his own. Jimmy looked like he was about to protest, but with a glare from Martyn, he shut his mouth and gave a silent nod.

"Right. Ready? On three." Martyn whispered, turning to the stranger and pulling out his sword.

"One," FWhip prepared his elytra, checking to see if everyone else was okay.

"Two," Pix fiddled with his fingers, visibly nervous.

"THREE!" Martyn raised his sword and charged. The rest of the group fled from the scene, splitting up to grab help by finding the hermits.

short chapter :/

writer's block lol