An Itch that needs a Scratchin'

VWOOM

"AAAAAAA-"

Purifier landed face first into the sandy beach, quickly sitting up and spitting out all the sand that was in her mouth. "Aw come on! Really?!"

"You were really getting on my nerves with the constant jokes, so I dropped you here to get going." From within the portal, Alpha was looking down at her with her arms crossed, clearly annoyed at whatever Purifier was doing there.

"Admit it, you were having fun too. You were even smiling for most of it!"

Alpha looked away, a little blush of embarrassment on her cheeks. "W-While that may be true, it's unprofessional, and I have a job to do."

"Oh yeah, speaking of which, what did you want me to do?"

"Whatever you want. This experiment is all about how the Cube interacts with your body, so simply existing with it is all we need you to do."

"Oh...so I'm free to go wherever?"

"Yep, enjoy."

With that, the portal closed up, leaving Purifier on a random, deserted Island in the middle of nowhere. She stood up and shook the rest of the sand off her, making extra sure that any sand near her sensitive spaces was gone.

"Okay! Now where to?"

She looked to the left and saw Ocean, then to the right to see the Ocean over that way. "...That Squiddly Diddly bitch could have left me a map or something..."

After deciding on a random choice, she hopped off the ground and immediately began floating, her Rigging manifesting behind her as soon as she left the floor. The thing was quite big, being a floating Hammerhead shark with several disconnected laser cannons that floated around her, each one able to be controlled with a thought.

"Sup Mako! You doing good?"

The Rigging growled, and she pet it's chin as it literally rolled to it's back for her to pat it's stomach. "Who's a good death machine~? Who's a good death machine~? You are~!"

Mako's robotic tail was even wagging thanks to her pets, clearly enjoying the experience. After a few minutes of spoiling her rigging silly, she stopped and stood up, the Rigging righting itself and floating alongside her.

"Okay...so! While I know it's a terrible idea, I'm gonna head on back to Pearl Harbor."

Mako gave her a side eye, to which she graciously ignored and continued on, jumping off the sand and beginning to fly just off the surface of the Ocean, dipping her hand in and leaving a thin trail of spray behind her. It really hadn't been long since Simon had become Purifier, but honestly, everything has been going incredibly well.

Hell, even as Purifier flew, she was having fun, never before would she have thought she would be flying at speeds a Falcon would envy. "WEEEEE!! Mako! Hold me!"

The rigging's two "fins", if you can call them that, grabbed around her waist, lifting her up as she put her arms out with a smile on her face. If there were onlookers, they would be questioning why the Titanic scene was being recreated by a Siren of all things.

Mako let go, and she resumed normal flight again. "I wonder how everyone back home is doing...wait a minute..."

She just realized something important, something dangerous that may spell her doom if she ever went back to Azur lane. She began to sweat somewhat, fear slowly etching through her being as she realized one encumbering and unfathomable truth.

'I forgot to turn off the Coffee Machine...'

She took a deep breath, her cheeks turning a little red as she did. "MAKO!! WE GOTTA GO TURN OFF THE COFFEE MACHINE!!"