Prologue

April 10, 1912

People from all around have come to make witness of history in the making. All around, the docks are littered with people. Both the rich and poor alike are cluttered in groups, waiting for their chance to board the famous Ship of Dreams. The grandest and most luxurious ship on the planet.

Those lucky enough to afford tickets stood in line, waiting to be inspected by the ship's doctors. It had been made clear that not a single person with any kind of disease could board the ship.

Children ran around, buzzing with the excitement that came with traveling to far off, distant places. Lovers held hands and glanced at one another with hope filled eyes, ready for the new life that awaited them in America.

Horse-drawn carriages came and went as the wealthy arrived, the large and elegantly groomed horses clopped along on the cobblestoned streets, pawing impatiently at the ground and snorting ignorantly.

The amount of chatter was incredible.

All over, passengers were saying their goodbyes to close friends and family, hugging and kissing them goodbye with promises to return soon. Tears were shed by mothers and fathers who watched as their newly wed sons and daughters boarded the ship with their belongings.

There were many passengers aboard the ship already, and the decks were filled with people trying to get to the railings for one last view of the life they were leaving behind. A third class man held his young daughter in his arms, lifting her high enough so that she could peek over the metal bars and wave to the people below.

The ship's horn blared loudly, and last minute calls were made for last minute boarders.

Smoke billowed from the ship's smokestacks and the Titanic began to move slowly. The people waved towards the passengers on board and the cheering intensified. Goodbyes were yelled from both above and below as the ship made its way out of the port.

The people remained until the Titanic was out of sight and there was nothing but sea in front of them.