Railings

The following morning, the ship was well on its way, the coast of Ireland shrinking faster and faster by the minute.

"Captain, everything seems to be running smoothly." An older man stood at the railing of the upper deck, gazing thoughtfully towards the horizon.

"Well, then, Mr. Murdoch, why don't we see just how fast she can get and let her stretch her legs. Signal the others to go full on."

"Aye, Captain." With a kurt nod, the young man in uniform strode towards the small cabin to alert the crew in the engine room of the Captain's wishes.

A commotion of noise was heard as two young men dashed past below the upper deck and through the halls. The pair stopped for a brief moment when they reached the proud bow of the ship. They stood, in awe, as they stared out into the horizon, ear-splitting grins on both of the brother's faces.

"Can you believe it, Sammy." The shorter boy spoke. "We're going home." He glanced up at his little brother, whose gaze was still transfixed on the vast sea I front of them. They were going home.

Suddenly, the younger boy grabbed his brother's sleeve, tugging at it like a child would, and pointed out towards the horizon. "Look, Dean, look! Can't you see it? Man, it's like I can see the Statue of Liberty already." Dean snorted at his brother's antics. "It's very small, of course." They both laughed at that.

Something out of the corner of his eye caught Dean's attention, and when he realized what it was, it was his turn to point excitedly and tug on his brother's sleeve. "Look, Sam, do you see them? Look down there at the Dolphins."

Sam leant slightly over the railings to get a better view, and sure enough, there was a pod of dolphins swimming alongside the front of the ship. The boys laughed as they watched them dash in and out of the water, amused at the way they seemed to race against the ship's speed.

Dean suddenly grabbed hold of one of the ropes on the metal mast next to him and hoisted himself up, one foot planted firmly in the railings on either side of his brother, who looked up and smiled at him. Spreading his arms out wide, Dean embraced the chilled wind that ran through his tousled hair and whipped around his face.

"I'm the king of the world," he hollered into the bright colors of the setting sun. He let out another triumphant yell and pumped his fist in the air. His cries were soon joined by those of his brother.

_ _

On the other side of the ship, a small, slender man paced alongside a young woman in an extravagant dress.

"This is your very own private deck to use for whatever you may like, Miss Masters. I hope it is to your liking."

"Oh, Mister Singer, I can assure you that it is just perfect. I assume you've made arrangements to have the afternoon tea brought here everyday?" She raised a delicate eyebrow as she waited for a response.

"Of course, Miss Masters. Every day and whenever it may be that you desire it. Anything for you." The man with the thinning hair gracefully brought her small hand to his lips in a soft kiss.

"I should expect so," she replied, a snobbish smirk on her face. "I paid good money, and I expect only the finest." Her expression suddenly turned sour. "Except when it comes to those dreadful paintings that my fiance insists on bringing with him." She glances at the crates that remained propped up against the patio wall. "If it were not for the fact that they keep Castiel satisfied, I would not bother having them around. That being said, if it were up to me, i would have had them thrown overboard hte moment we stepped foot on this ship. They are nothing but finger paintings is what they are."