Jordan

Lyam

Jordan is the next to arrive and he looks FABULOUS. I watch as he strips down to nothing but a hot pink swim skirt, a pair of huge sunglasses, and a polka dot scarf tying back his twists. "Hey babe" he says in greeting, plopping onto the chaise next to me. "I haven't seen you all week. How's things?"

"It's summer on the island; how could things be anything but amazing?" Jordan and I have been tight since his first summer here. He swears that I'm one of the only people on the island who didn't bat an eye at the fact that he's both black and, when I asked him about his pronouns said 'He/him or whatever you like is fine. My body is amazing and gender rules can suck my cock." And that, as they say, was that. This is our third year working together and he often comes over to share in whatever I'm cooking that weekend.

"AMEN sister! And it's so warm! I am loving it, plus I get to be lazy today and work on getting rid of some tan lines. I glance over but don't see any and he gives me a wink. "Oooh, there's a new hottie on the island. Not a daytripper, I've seen him a few times now. Must be renting one of the cottages. He runs by my window almost every morning and let me tell you, he's made me late to work a few days."

A weird surge of what tastes like jealousy rolls through me until I realize that one, it's probably not even Mr. Peach. I mean, honestly, there are lots of summer guests. Two, I'm pretty sure Jordan doesn't mean the guy is coming inside. Ahem. "Lucky you."

"Ah, what a time to be alive. Sun, pool, a good friend to grab me a drink" he teases.

I need one too so I hop up. When I'm done rooting through the cooler, Jack is in my seat and laughing. "You two are funny. Maybe Lyam can introduce you." We both look at him confused. "That's who Jordan's lusting after. I've seen him running too. Hey, I've got rafts and tubes if you two want." Of course we do and Jordan does grabby hands while I just say 'yes please'. "They're inside, just a minute."

Jordan gives me a look. "You KNOW that fine specimen of man?!?!"

I just shrug. "Not sure if it's even the same guy and I don't even know his name so..." Man, my thoughts aren't sure what to make of that. "But it might be the guy staying at Wisteria."

Jordan tilts his head and stares at me. "What aren't you telling me?" Several pool floats go flying by, landing in the water, and I think I might get out of this. I put my drink up and go to stand but he puts his hand out. "Now I know there's something. Tell me. Oh, you don't want to wreck my fantasies, right? He smells, or is a homophobic ass, right?  Wait, is he the guy I helped write the cobbler note for?"

"Pretty sure he's not homophobic and uh, he doesn't smell." Bad. He doesn't smell bad.

"So what, you two were just chatting about 'Where Love Lives' or something? Or.... oh. OH!!!!"

"No!!" I whisper/scream. "No, he just.... we just... I mean maaaybe he sort of kissed me yesterday."

He hops up. "Oooh, I need to cool off. Do not dare take the pink tube or get my hair wet.  Meet me in the middle. We need to talk."

Soon I'm soaked and we're holding onto the handles of each others tubes so we don't drift apart. I'm hoping I can nip this conversation in the bud. "It was nothing, is nothing. I don't mess with tourists and he regretted it anyway."

"Wait, honey, did you not WANT to kiss him? Is he gonna be an asshole? I like the moody vibe but he better not dare to cast a cloud on my favorite sunshine. You know what? I should come with you. I'll help you with Wisteria, you help me with Brandywine, and we'll handle whatever needs to be handled. I know you can be too nice." I push him away but he just laughs. "And we love you for it, but honey, I can tell you're uncomfortable and I'm not letting this guy mess with you."

How can I help but smile? Besides, having Jordan there will ensure that nothing stupid happens again. "Okay, you win."

"It's all I know how to do, sweetheart. I just hope it's not soon. I hope it stays in the 90's for a week and we can do this every day."

I can't argue with that.