O N E

Ainsley's pov

Have you ever had the feeling that something bad is about to happen? That's how I feel right now. Running from the football team has been a daily thing sense freshman year. I'm a senior now.

*flash back*
It really sucks being the new girl in the middle of the year. I didn't know where I was going so I stopped at a random boy and gently tapped on his shoulder.

"Who the fuck is touching me?" He turned around and I lost my breath. He was the prettiest thing I've seen. I know, who calls a boy pretty. But he was.

"Uh.. Sorry for bothering you, but I'm new and I don't know where this class is." His hazel eyes pierced into mine and I physically shivered. He noticed and smirked.

He leaned real close to me, like he was going to kiss me. "Go ask someone else, nerd."

I rolled my eyes, "look. You don't have to be a dick. I was just asking a fucking question."

The hallway got quiet as his jaw clenched. Within two seconds I was pinned against the lockers. "Watch who you're talking to. I can ruin your life."

"Okay look, douchebag. You don't scare me." I said and pushed him off of me.

*flashback over*
Little did I know, that small action made me his human punching bag. I kept running til I hit a dead end. Fuck. Jackson and his friends circled me and smirked.

"Aw, look at the little nerd. Still in a fucking corner." Jackson said. He brought his fist up and punched me in the stomach. I fell over and held my stomach and tried to protect myself from the blows I was getting from them.

"Are you scared of me now?" I didn't answer and got another kick to the stomach. He had his friends grab me and slam against the wall.

"When I talk to you, answer." He snarled.

"Jackson didn't I tell you to leave the nerd alone." Another voice came in from behind him, and Jackson turned around.

"We were just talking, right babe?" Jackson's arm went around me and I whimpered.

Grayson's eyes flickered from Jackson to me and I bit my lip, trying to not cry. Grayson nodded for me to come to him and I ran out of Jackson's grip and to him. He pushed me behind him. Jackson glared at me, tears weld up in my eyes.

"Now Jackson," Grayson walked up to him and pushed him against the wall like they had me, "Touch her again, and we will have problems." Jackson nodded and Grayson dropped him. Jackson and all of his friends ran and Grayson turned his attention to me.

"Are you okay?" Never in a million years would I think that the schools bad boy would save me from them.