T W O

Ainsley's pov

Grayson stared at me, waiting for an answer. I snapped back to reality, "Oh, yeah I'm okay." I lied. I'm not okay.

"Ainsley you don't have to lie to me." Grayson said. My eyes widened. He knows my name? I heard Grayson chuckle.

"Yes I know your name." I blushed, realizing I said that out loud. I looked down and winced when someone bumped into my in the hallway.

"We need to get you to the nurse. Then we are gonna do something about those guys." Grayson said, his eyes held so much anger.

"Why are you helping me?" I whispered.

"Because they don't need to be doing that." He said. I looked down and nodded. I felt two fingers gently push my chin upwards. I was met two bright blue eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked me.

"You never have talked to me before, and you just save me from something that has been happening for four years? What do you want Grayson." I said.

"What makes you think I want anything? I can't help a poor girl from getting the shit beat out of her?" He asked, angrily.

"Not when it's been happening since freshman year." I said in the same tone.

"Fine. I won't help you." He yelled and stormed out of the school. I sighed, today has been hell. I put my headphones in and walked out of school and started walking to the hell I call home.

When I got home, I was greeted with an empty beer bottle being thrown in the kitchen. I ran up stairs before he found out I was home. I heard him yelling, and I knew then that it was gonna be one of those nights.

I walked downstairs and walked into the kitchen, "Hi daddy." I smiled sweetly, trying to not make him mad.

"Where's my fucking dinner?!" He yelled.

"I'm gonna cook now dad. I just got home from school." I said, and pulled steak out and started to cook.

*thirty minutes later*

We were sitting in the dining room eating, when he stood up and threw the plate of food at me.

"This food is shit." He screamed and slapped me. I whimpered and looked down.

"I'm sorry daddy. I tried to make it like mom used to." He grabbed me by my hair and drug me out of the chair and threw me on the ground.

"Don't talk about her, you selfish cunt." He yelled and kept kicking my side.

"Leave. Get out of my sight, disgusting whore." I got up and walked up to my room. When I got there, I looked in the mirror and lifted up my shirt and looked at the damage done. Between Jackson and my dad, the bruises were getting harder to hide.

I didn't realize my window was open and I looked over to see Grayson looking at me with wide eyes.

Oh shit.