If we have each other pt.2~oneshot

part 2~~

-------nk-------

Jungkook's POV

Glancing at the clock on my nightstand, I let out a sigh. It's been a few weeks since Namjoon and I met, and we've been talking non-stop. Calling, texting, talking on the bus, we've even been out a couple times at the weekends. I know we haven't known each other for long, but I'm really starting to like this whole 'having someone to talk to' thing.

He told me I could call him, no matter what time or what day it was, to talk about anything I needed. And since I've got my 20-week scan in a few days, where I find out the baby's gender, I know I want someone to be there with me.

I pull out my phone, opening up his contact and scrolling few the hundreds of messages between us. They were all sent over just the past few days, and that makes me smile. The only person who I've ever gotten on so well with was... never mind.

Hitting the 'call' button, I smile again and hold my phone up to my ear. It rings a few times, before I hear his voice, sounding deeper than ever. He must've just woken up.

"I didn't disturb you, did I?"

"No," he responds, and clears his throat. "What can I do for you?"

"I need a favour. My 20-week scan's in a few days, and..."

"You want me to come with you?"

"Please, it'd mean a lot. If you can, of course. It's fine if you can't because of a class or whatever."

"No, it's fine." he answers, as if it isn't a question to be asked. "I'll check my schedule and move some stuff around if I have to."

"Thank you for being here for me, it's really helped."

"You're welcome, Jungkookie. Now go on, go and get ready for your classes today."

A few days later...

Namjoon's POV

I meet Jungkook outside his apartment, deciding it'd be a bit cheaper (and quicker) to walk from my dorm and then take the bus from there. He's already there when I arrive (no surprise there), wrapped up in a long brown coat and a black turtleneck to keep him from the cold. His baby bump is barely visible beneath the black cotton, which I think he's grateful for, since he always seems self-conscious about it.

"You doing okay?" I ask him, and he nods.

"A little nervous," he replies, giving a small sigh as he looks at me in desperation. "What if there's something wrong, hyungie?"

I pull him into a hug, knowing it's what he needs right now, and rub his back gently. "You'll be alright. You've been taking care of yourself, you know your limits, you're gonna be fine. And even if there was something wrong, the doctors know what they're doing, and they'll do whatever they can to help you and your baby."

The bus pulls up, and we separate. I take out my wallet to pay for our tickets, and we sit by the cleanest window we can find. The bus ride is frustratingly slow, not to mention bumpy, but soon enough we're at the hospital. We take the elevator to the ultrasound department, Jungkook signs in at the desk, and we take a seat in the waiting area.

There's not much to do, but in a hospital, when was there ever? We sit in silence, not wanting to be those people, until a kind-faced woman with chocolate-brown eyes and locks of raven-black hair hanging loosely over her shoulders comes out to call him for his appointment.

"And are you the father?" she asks, looking to me.

"No," I smile at her. "We're just friends."

She seems shocked, but doesn't speak. She takes us down the long, narrow hallway and into a little room, then gestures for Jungkook to take a seat on the chair in the middle. He pulls his sweater up to reveal his bump, knowing what to expect by now since it's not his first scan, and lets her do her thing with the gel and the ultrasound probe.