☆8 - Oh dear StarClan.☆

You know how last chapter I told you Corvidstorm barely experienced loss of sleep?
I take it back. He was getting more tired everyday, even when he was not meeting up with Hollyflame. The secret was taking it's toll on him.

He dragged himself over the dusty clearing, tail clinging on to him like a dead squirrel. He had just finished a hunting patrol and was about to get some well earned prey.
He grabbed a fat frog off the pile, slumped down at the edge of the dust patch, and teared the skin off of the frog. He munched on the insides a bit.

Suddenly, he remembered something.

I was supposed to tell Pearleaf whether I liked her or not ages ago. I think they forgot about it with the gathering and all.

He was glad. He couldn't bear to break Pearleaf's heart - or his mother's.

And there would still be this drama between Pearleaf and Dappletail.
I'm meeting Hollyflame again tonight. I'll see what he would do. He gives possibly the best advices.

He stared into nothing as he kept thinking about his mate. What was WindClan actually like? According to the stories, they'd survived so much pain and torture.
Apparantly a former ShadowClan leader of moons and moons ago, Brokenstar, had chased them out of their territory. Luckily for them, the famous Firestar got them back.
They were really agile too. Fast sprinters - and beneath the thin, short fur were secretly a lot of muscles.

Corvidstorm knew because he'd had playfights with Hollyflame on nights they met up. They've been having a lot of fun together, but their secret was bound to get out someday. Corvidstorm feared that day, and he knew Hollyflame was nervous about it too.

He finished the last bit of frog, and padded over to the warrior den lazily, were he continued to flop in his nest and curl up.

When he woke up again, he lifted his head and found silvery moonlight trickle through the thorny bushes of the den. He was surrounded by the bodies of his fellow clanmates, all curled up and vast asleep. He tried not to groan too loudly as he lifted himself up on his paws, ready to set out to meet Hollyflame.

Carefully, he stepped over protruding limbs and tails, and sniffed in the fresh but cold air when he was outside. He looked around to see if there was anyone.
He made his way to the camp entrance, ducking his head and leaving the camp behind him rather quickly.

He neared the ferns and shrubs at the border ShadowClan shared with WindClan without any issues.
He sped up, it being a little over moonhigh already. He saw the figure of Hollyflame sitting calmly at the border, looking up at the moon.
He started running over to him, and Hollyflame noticed him coming.

They both started purring loudly as they bonked heads.
Corvidstorm licked Hollyflame's ear. "How have you been? I've missed you." He said to the brownish tomcat.
Hollyflame's purring faded away, as he sat back down in front of Corvidstorm.
"I've been doing great! Thanks for askin'." He smiled.

"But there's this thing." Hollyflame added.
Corvidstorm flicked his ear, and sniffed nervously. "What's it?"

"I'm expecting." Hollyflame looked Corvidstorm in his eyes.

"Expecting what?" Corvidstorm blinked. To become deputy or something? I don't understand.

Hollyflame frowned a bit. "Kittens mousebrain! I'm carrying your kittens!" He wailed softly as his expression changed from 'is he that dumb?' to 'he's that dumb'.
Corvidstorm was shook. After a lot of stuttering and turning red under his fur and what eartips he had left, the only thing he could ask was;
"What do we do?"

Suddenly, Hollyflame started crying, softly.
"I don't know," he sobbed. "There's no one in my clan that I could pretend is my mate and I - I'm so scared. I don't want to carry kittens, I'm a tom, I'm not supposed to carry kittens. What if they exile me and my kittens? Worse, what if they kill us?" He wailed.

The entire time, Corvidstorm was licking Hollyflame's cheecks, ears and shoulders tenderly, trying to calm him down. "I won't let them kill or exile you, or our kittens." He said, before he frowned in deep thought.

"I think the best thing we can do is come clean about it, before things get worse. I think both of our clans may react more calmly if we tell them ourselves, than if we let a bewildered warrior who spotted us tell them." He murmered.

Hollyflame sniffed his nose loudly, and straightened his posture, blinking away the last of his silvery tears. "You're right. Even if they exile us, we'll be together. That's what matters, isn't it?" Still with a rough throat from crying, he purred softly.
Corvidstorm nodded.

"That's what matters."

☆ A/N ☆
SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO POST THIS CHAPTER!! I have been really busy with schoolwork, but I'll try to post the next (AND FINAL) chapter between now and the next two weeks.
Also for the peeps who go "wait isn't Hollyflame a tom, how can he be pregnant?" Because you accidentally skipped it in the text - it's because he's a trans tom :)