¢нαρтєя 3

Izuku noticed how the blonde fell asleep in his hold. Carefully he picked him up and brought him back to the little cave home that Izuku called his own.

Once he set the resting boy down on the bed, he went back and carefully picked up who he now knew was the boy's mother and brought her back, burying her next to his own mother who suffered the same fate only 4 years ago.

• - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - •
Izuku's POV

I had just got done burying the boy's mother next to my own, sadness raking through my body. This world is truly cruel.

I made my way back into the house, where the blonde was still sleeping. Quietly I began making us some dinner, and sighed softly. "I will keep him safe...I will protect him..." I said softly.

I looked back to the bed, I hadn't even gotten a good look at him until now. His hair was ash blonde with specs of red near where his ears started, his fur looked soft and well kept. His face was relaxed and peaceful, but his jaw still had a slight sharpness to it.

I quickly shook my head, trying not to distract myself. I had a job to do now. I had to help him, keep him safe. As a promise to myself.

Just as dinner was finished cooking, I saw him begin to stir from his sleep. He slowly sat up and looked around, before his eyes landed on me, seemingly studying me.

I could feel a slight blush creeping on my face, so I quickly looked away. "I made us some dinner if you want some" I said softly, grabbing myself a bowl for the stew. I could see him nod from the corner of my eye, so I grabbed another bowl for him.

I placed them on the small table in to corner if the room, and sat down. I watched as he made his way to the table and sat down, starting to eat. There was a comfortable silence, until I heard him speak lowly. "Do you live here alone? Where's your family?" I could feel my breath hitch in my throat slightly. I could feel his eyes on me as I thought about what to say.

"I do live here alone" I started. "As for family....I am my own..." I could feel tears welling up in my eyes, but I held them back.
"My mother passed away about 4 years ago.."
I looked up slightly so see him looking at me, slight sadness in his eyes. "How...?" He asked.
I looked away, trying to stay strong. "Poacher" is all I said, not wanting to relive the horrid memories of that day.

He nodded in understanding, not asking anything else on the matter, and going back to eating. I looked towards him "what's your name?" I asked.

"Katsuki..Katsuki Bakugo" he said, not looking up from his now empty bowl. "Izuku...Izuku Midoriya" I said, introducing myself. He nodded, standing from his spot and putting his bowl in the small wooden sink, washing it tentatively.

I finished eating and brought my bowl over to wash, but he just grabbed it and began to wash it too. "I could have washed the bowl". He shook his head "Its the least I could do....thank you...for everything" he said, not looking at me.

I smiled softly at him. "It's nothing, don't worry about it" I said, making my way over to where I stored food, taking a mental note on what I would need to get later. As I started to write down what was needed, I heard him ask "How old are you? You don't seem much older than me." I finished writing before answering his question. "Im 10, what about you?" I asked curiously . "8" he replied simply. I nodded my head. "It's getting late, try to get some sleep".

• - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - • - •
Katsuki's POV
So..he's older than me..but he's still small. I noticed how he is maybe an inch shorter than I am. His hair was a light forest green with specks of white scattered around, his ears were a little on the rounder side, but were snowy white. His fur complemented his round mint green eyes and freckles that scattered like constellations over his face. He's cute...wait what!?

I shook my head slightly at the thought, and hadn't noticed that he had said anything. "...hello?.." his voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Y-yeah sounds good...where do I sleep?" Damn..now I'm stuttering. "You can sleep in the bed" he said smiling. "But what about you?" I asked. "I'll sleep on the floor when I get back." He explained. I could see the darkness outside from the small round window. "Where are you going so late at night?" I asked, looking back to him.

I watched at he grabbed a medium sized satchel and placed it around his chest. "I have to go get some more food, and night is the best time to go." He explained. I watched as he started to make his way towards the door. "w-wait.." he turned back to look at me " Is something wrong Kacchan?". Kacchan? it has a right ring to it...wait! Snap out of it Katsuki. I felt my nervousness starting to bubble up in my throat. Up until now, I had always shared a bed with my mom, to keep warm, and to feel safe. Just the thought of having to sleep alone made me anxious. "c-can you just...lay with me...until I'm asleep first?...I've always slept next to my mom before..." 

Izuku looked at me sadly, but gave me a soft smile nonetheless. "yeah, I can stay with you until you fall asleep". I nodded, laying on the bed and facing the wall. A moment later I felt the bed dip with the added weight and felt as Izuku rested with his back against the headboard. His hand gently reached out and started to rub my back softly. I sighed softly as I felt my body start to relax against him. 

I rolled my body over and nuzzled into his side as his hand continued to run over my back. He started to subconsciously hum some sort of lullaby. I was so calming, I couldn't help but yawn softly. Slowly I felt myself slip into a comfortable slumber.