13

"He can, you know they are above the law in these parts."

Michael saw the big ring on her finger. "So just like that some guy could just take my girlfriend?"

"It's not just some guy Michael." Sydney said. "I can't stay long, I'm sure his bodyguards are going to inform him I met you today. I don't know how I'll explain this."

"Just tell him you want to leave." Michael repeated again.

"Michael I need to go."

"Sydney!" He called her as she walked off.

The bodyguard gave him a warning look.

She was back at Tay's house. She unpacked the things she bought after she had talked with Michael. It was 6pm and Tay wasn't there. She went in the living room and one of the bodyguards said Mr Marino was waiting for her but then he led her out the front door and into the car.

She leaned forward to talk to the driver. "Where are we going?"

"To Mr Marino."

She leaned back not getting a good feeling, they were so vague.When they arrived, he led her to a warehouse and she stopped, looking at it, a feeling of dread coming over her.

"He's meeting me here?"

"Yes mam."

"Why here?" She looked around.

"Please follow."

She did, with her arms hugging herself, eyes wide.

They led her into a room and they kept going, and she followed. When they opened the next door she screamed and made to ran to him but Tay's men held her back. Michael was strung up on a rope looking like he had been beaten to an inch of his life.

He only had on boxers, his eyes were swollen shut, body crisscrossed with laceration from being whipped. His head hug down, and he was unconscious. Sydney started crying, and her shocked eyes flew to Tay.

He was a part of this. "What did you do to him?" She sobbed out.

One of his men threw a rag at Tay, he caught it and wiped his bloodied hand, watching her. He was shirtless with his dress pants on, muscles bulging in his arms and chest which was covered in blood.

"I assume this is your EX?" He stressed the word ex. "I was just giving him a warning to not have meetings with my wife."

"I'm not your wife."

She cried into her hands, her heart breaking everything she glanced at Michael and saw his condition.

"It's just a week again, so you're practically MY wife. "He walked slowly towards her in a menacing way, grabbed her by the neck while she shrieked and dragged her towards Michael.

Tay tore her hands away from her face growling. "This is the last time you'll meet with him! You will not call him, if you see him on the streets you will turn your back and walk away. YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM!! Do you hear me!!" His eyes had a crazy look.

Sydney cried out a broken yes and he released her.

"Take her home." He instructed his men.