look at me

trigger warnings at the end of the oneshot

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ:
look at me - why don't we
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

♩✧・゚♬

"look at me."

george does, glancing back over his shoulder with a challengingly raised eyebrow. "what do you want?" he says, eyes scanning over the blond as if he already knows (he probably does).

"come to bed," he prompts, tapping the mattress beside him to try and tempt his boyfriend away from his desk. it's not his set-up, cause that's in his office, it's just an empty desk that he puts his laptop on when he wants to do little bits of work whilst staying in the comfort of their bedroom.

"no, idiot, i'm working," george denies, turning his attention back to his editing.

dream groans internally, hitting his head back against his pillows with an audible sigh. he makes sure that it's loud and incredibly extra, showing off his irritation like a badge of pride.

it doesn't earn him a reaction from george so, in an attempt to get some much-needed attention, he whines highly, right in the back of his throat.

it works, thankfully, and george looks back at him.

he squints at the blond, chastising, "dream."

the blond just pouts.

"i'm trying to work," he repeats again, "stop being a brat."

he looks back at the laptop and dream raises an incredulous eyebrow at the back of his boyfriend's head. "did you just call me a brat?" he questions, shocked.

george, in all of his stupidity, ignores the blond.

"george," he threatens with a low voice, wanting to see how far his boyfriend is willing to test his patience.

silence.

dream moves slowly as he gets up off of the bed, keeping a keen eye on the brit and watching how he subtly sits up when he hears the floor creak beneath dream's weight.

still, he doesn't look back. it doesn't surprise the blond, since george has always loved pushing his buttons and seeing how far he can go without getting a reaction.

if he wants a reaction, he'll get one.

george flinches against the chair as dream's hand covers the top half of his face, and the blond can feel the brunette's long eyelashes flutter against his palm as he shuts his eyes- dream isn't sure why, since his vision is blocked off anyway, but he guesses it might be instinctive.

"what are you-"

dream shushes him, leaning down so he's right beside his lover's ear, chin resting slightly on the back of the other's gaming chair. "baby, pay attention, listen to my voice," he practically whispers, feeling george shiver in response to the low hum of tone.

"what are you doing?" george finishes his sentence, trying to sound all put together and right even though his voice wavers practically pathetically.