Chapter 12: What kind of question is that?!

After a while, the doctor finally came out to tell Theodore's condition to the alpha who's been waiting.

"Mr. Aelius Gren, I'm so glad you came here in our hospital." The doctor reach his hand to Aelius and had a hand shake with him.

"How is he?"

"He's alright and I congratulate you, we found out that Mr. Theodore Gren is actually three weeks pregnant."

"Theo is pregnant?" The alpha couldn't believe of what he just heard.

"He is, and also his been through a lot of stress it's affecting both of his physical and mental health that's why he fainted, it looks like your partner's pregnancy is quite sensitive but don't worry too much, these is normal for first time moms, still, we need to have a further observation of him as he is an omega and a male one to be precise. Unlike female omegas, males has a difficulty of successfully giving birth to a healthy child so I recommend you to have him a regular check up from now on. That's all and again, congratulations Mr. Aelius Gren." (A/N: I really don't know a thing about it so let's just says it is what it is ರ⁠_⁠ರ....)

"Thank you Dr. Santos."

"With pleasure and later we'll also transfer your wife to the most comfortable room for his condition. Well then, I'll be going now, there's still a lot of patients waiting for me." Aelius is a vip customer so Dr. Santos needs to be courteous as much not to offend the alpha or the hospital will face its end. 

As soon everything has settled, Theodore was transferred in a vip room and there was Aelius sitting at the chair besides the bed.

"Theo, my Theo. Haa– I'm so happy right now." Says Aelius to the sleeping omega as he held one of Theodore's hand and gently carries it to his face.

"Hmmn..."

The alpha felt really pleasant about Theodore's pregnancy although it was unplanned and unexpected. He couldn't believe that with just one night their would be already a bud. That night where both of them are not in a right mind to think about the safety first and protections.

Time went by and it was already dawn, the omega has woken up and felt something in his hand, it was Aelius, he's sound asleep while holding it, such a sight early in the morning is dangerous for Theodore's heart.

'Just how captivating this man is? How could he be so good-looking even in this such position his right now?'

Theodor slowly removed his hand, trying not to disturb his husband's sleep but it was a flat fail when Aelius felt something moved and his hand feels empty, it awoken him.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up."

The drowsy alpha looks at him then suddenly scoffed, "No don't be, though I prefer you mean it. That would be cute."

"Ha–?"

With Aelius' handsome sleepy looks and his remarks, who's heart wouldn't even skip a beat? Flustered Theodore tries to shift his sight to the window without averting it back to the blinding person next to him.

"Hmmn? Such early in the morning and you're already avoiding me? How cruel."

'?!' "As if you're not used to it." The omega mumbled and the alpha who hears it gets it immediately.

Aelius cannot deny his wife's words when the day after they got married, the two just ignored each other as if none of them existed in the first place, but the two has their own reasons they cannot talk each other about it.

"I see, by the way."

"Huh?" Theodore finally turn his gaze to Aelius.

"Good morning Theo."

A simple(?) greet warms Theodore heart, just a moment he realized what he have said might offended his husband so he plans to make it up later as he has yet no idea how but for now, Theodore wants to greet him back.

"Good morning Al."

How much of these will go on? There's been a great wall of ice between them from the very start, thinking a way to melt it would be a while and patience could unknowingly disappear in any moment when the thin string snap. Not just long ago there are some small changes but a tiny mistake made them quarrel and revert them to where they barely get in touch with one another.

Aelius is aware of this all, now that something also add up a mixed of emotions swell inside him, a dominant alpha like him no one knows what his incapable of.

"Al? Are you okay?"

The alpha snapped back to the reality.

"Theo, you might be wondering where we are, we're in a hospital because you fainted last night I need you to take here and..." Having a doubt if he should tell him about the news he got.

"I'm pregnant."

"Say that again?" There's a visible confusion in Aelius' face.

"There's another life inside me, I knew it already."

"When Theo?"

"Yesterday when I'm with my mothers and I wasn't planning to tell you about this pregnancy thing because I'm afraid. But, now clearly I'm in one of the rooms in this hospital, there's no doubt that a doctor examined my whole body and informed you about it so, there's no point of hiding it now."

"... " Aelius were totally speechless.

"Umm, perhaps you don't want this child?"

"Theo!" As fast Theodore could imagine Aelius held and slightly grip his shoulders, "What kind of question is that?!" He suddenly burst that made the omega flinch.

This kind of behavior that the alpha is showing are very unusual to Theodore, the alpha has always been somehow calm, collected, intimidating and... Theodore blushes and shook it off immediately.

"Why did you even thought about that kind of stupid question Theo?"

The alpha is trembling, his expression looks very furious except his eyes, it was sad and tears seems to refuse to flow out.

Theodore starts to panic that he didn't notice he was already crying,  "Ah— I-Im sorry. I'm sorry! I'm r-really sorry!" He kept apologizing while sniffling.

Seeing how the omega acted, Aelius tightly hug Theodore and release some of his soothing pheromones to help the omega calm.

"I'm really sorry Al. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry."

"Shhh, it's my fault I raised my voice at you. I shouldn't acted like an immature when the doctor told me your pregnancy is sensitive. Theo I'm sorry, please stop crying okay?"

•••

To be continued...