Day 1

I made it out before my mom came back. Thank The Lord. I lost all contact with my dad since my mom wanted me to have nothing to do with him. I tried texting my brother, but it's been over two hours and I haven't got a reply. I've got $200 dollars on me right now. I think I have enough to take the bus to peterborough. I began walking over to the bus station. Looking around at this ugly old town. Oh how I couldn't wait to get out of here. I walked in to the bus station. It looked so empty, I wasn't surprised though. The population of this town is like 3. I sighed and walked over to the front desk.

"Peterborough?" I said, never done this before. What am I supposed to say?

"You want a ticket to peterborough?"

"Yes please."

"One way?"

I smiled at that. "Yes."

"Your total will be about $100, next bus is arrives at around 1am."

What?! 1am?! My mom finishes work at 9pm. What if she goes looking for me? "T-Thanks." I said, handing him the money and taking my ticket. I held onto that ticket like it was my life. It was about 6pm. 3 hours until, I could possibly get caught, and 7 hours until I'm out of here.

I sighed once again, the man looked at me for a sec and then continued doing whatever he was before. What to do for 7 hours? I could watch a movie.. Or two. I don't want to make contact with any of my classmates, because I could get ratted out. I have no friends, I was always the loner emo kid. I shivered at that nickname. 'Emo.' Anger filled inside of me, it's a frikken stereotype. Just because one used to self harm or had suicidal thoughts, doesn't make you 'emo.'

I left the station and quickly jogged over to the movie theatre. It was only a couple streets over. I ended up watching the two longest movies playing. Good 4 hours was spent, luckily no one I knew was there. My mom kept texting and calling my phone. I eventually just shut it off. I still have 3 hours to waste. Why not watch another two hour long movie? They only costed like $5 a movie. Cheap town I tell you.

~

I was getting pretty tired. I had only an hour until the bus arrived, I ran over to the bus station and sat down on one of the seats. So much for a population of 3 .. There was like 500 people here. Half of them contained of teenagers, or old people. It was really quiet considering the amount of people there. I put my headphones in and listened to my music. I finally decided to turn on my phone.

Mom: where are you?

Mom: I'm worried sick! So is Devon! Please come home!

Mom: I just got your note, please be joking

Mom: actually, fine. I don't care

Mom: Rokai?

Mom: I'll call the cops

That last one made me laugh. I'm 17 years old, I can do what I want. Time flew by and the bus finally arrived I went outside and breathed in the air one last time. I was finally getting out of this town. I went to the very back of the bus, headphones still in. Some guy came over and took my ticket. Didn't want it anyway. I laughed at that, two people turned and looked at me. I pretended like I was sleeping so they thought it was someone else. I can't wait to be back with my dad, and back on my track. <3

I layed my head against the window, day 1 was a success. I finally escaped. I can finally follow my dreams.