you could be the news

Note: f/s - favourite snack(s)

○ ● ○ ● ○

‎   "Good morn.. what happened to your face?" Sonny pointed at Mysta's red cheek which he was placing ice on. It was swollen and Mysta wasn't happy about it at all.

The detective shrugged, not wanting to answer his question. "I wrote something in the clue room by the way," Sonny perked up at the mention of this. No one has ever used it ever since Mysta's injury.

"Oh, that's nice! You're the only detective here so we never used it."

"You should go check it," Mysta waved him off, telling the blonde to leave him alone.

The detective sighed. Mumbling words to himself, spinning on his chair. Just doing something to get rid of his boredom in total. He's lucky he has a whole office room to himself since he's the only detective in town.

Ping!

Mysta lets out a long groan. Turning on his phone then suddenly his facial expression changed from annoyed to happy.

🌸‼️ • online

Y/n
When you get home later, can you buy me some (f/s)
Preferably like three bags of it.

Mysta
Bruh I'm not your dad
No

Y/n
You promised you'd do anything for me

Mysta
Touché

Y/n
Good boy 😊

Mysta
...

Mysta sighed dreamily. Of course he still remembers vividly that she slapped him yesterday for just knowing her name, he gets it, he sounded like a creep. But after the whole incident yesterday, Mysta is now living with her.

The detective promised to keep her existence to be kept a secret from public's eyes. Also not forgetting that he would do anything she says because he said it himself.

Mysta also would like to keep note that Y/n has massive random mood swings. Just by living with her for a few hours, he could tell what was going on with her behaviour.

During the first night of her stay, she was very cutesy and shy but during breakfast, it seemed like she was a whole other person. She woke up with a stinging pain in her head, complained about it to Mysta and proceeds to get angry at him when he makes the slightest of noise.

That was how he got the bruise on his cheek.

Who knew idols were secretly trained to punch and kick?

A sudden wave of memories began flooding back to his brain. He winced when he remembered his abuser.

"I'm glad he's out of the picture," Mysta sighed in relief. Yet he was still uneasy about it whenever he recalls the time he was kidnapped and had his life taken away.

He wonders how his captivated buddy is doing now. He hopes his friend is doing well with his career, health and life.

It's probably best for Mysta to not think about it during work.

° • ~

"I'm home," Mysta said to no one in particular once he got in his apartment. He was jumpscared by someone peaking by the wall with a huge happy smile plastered on their face.

"Welcome home, Mysta!" Y/n greeted him back. Walking to the detective who's still infront of the front door, she titled her head. "Did you get what I asked for?"

Mysta hummed, placing his jacket on a coat holder. "Shoot, I totally forgot about it. Probs because I didn't go to the store."

Y/n looked at him in disbelief but was quickly in relief when Mysta was bursting out laughing. "Don't worry, I got it right here."

Hugging the brit, Y/n took the bag from his grip and thanked him by giving him a kiss on the cheek. Mysta blushed at the sudden action by the former idol.

"By the way," Y/n turned around, a mischievous smirk plastered on her face. "I saw your collection."

Mysta blushed redder. He clearly remembered he hid his Y/n merch somewhere very well hidden.

In fact, he just placed them in a box and under his bed.

After finally being calm, Mysta took a good look at his home. It was much more neat and cleaner than he had once left it's condition in.

"I cleaned up your place a bit. I didn't throw anything important away." Enterning the dining area, Mysta was blessed by the sight of cooked food kn the table. "And I made dinner. I'm not much of a chef but I hope it's to your liking,"

‎‎° • ~

"Mysta," Y/n called out to the daydreaming detective. More and more these past few days, he had been caught staring off into the distance as if he was dissociating.

The silver haired brit shook his head and looked at his favourite idol. "Yeah?"

Knowing there's something bothering him, she wants to know what was happening. Besides, if she's living with him secretly rent free, she might as well help him with his problems.

"Is there something bothering you?"

Mysta's lips fell flat, he pursed them together after his eyes wandered to anywhere except her. "I'm all good, just had bad shit flooding back in my brain."

"Mystaaaa." Y/n looked at him like when a mom knows their child is lying.

Rolling his eyes, Mysta crossed his arms. "I had a recurring memory where I was kidnapped and got injured."

Y/n gasped. "Is that why you were told to be on sick leave?" Mysta eyed her and nodded.

Scooting closer to the detective, Y/n smiled. "Tell me more Mysta, I'm living with you so might as well get to know each other right?"

Mysta gulped, red tinted cheeks seen. The problem is, Mysta already knows about her! How could he not research about what his idol likes, dislikes and never tried?

Calming himself, Mysta looks at the former idol with a smile. "Sure, I wouldn't mind."

His answer made Y/n beam in joy, she started talking about herself first knowing well Mysta was an introvert.