The Party

We pulled up to the side of a curb, fitting in with a long line of cars. It was quite a long ways away from the house. Me and Sophie stepped out of the car, and as soon as I fully stepped out, my ankles were unsteady and it felt as if my legs were to give out any second. Ive never worn heels like this before. Only mini 1 inch ones to church a few times when i was little. I was starting to second guess my outfit. I loved my new look, but it was really hard to walk. "Sophie, I need your help!". "Haha, Im sorry, its a little bit of a walk till we get to the house', she said in laughter. I don't know how she does this every weekend. I sighed and proceeded walking. With every step I could feel my feet hurting more and more. Sophie glanced over at me, and pulled out her phone. Nothing new, she was always on her phone. After about another minute of walking, Cam comes running up to us. "Baby!", Sophie said in a high pitched squeal when she saw him. Her eyes always lit up when she saw him. He went over and gave her a little peck on her lips. I was caught by surprise when Cam came over and picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "I had to tell him to carry you to the house", Sophie said trying to hold in her laughter, but wasn't doing a very good job at it. After what felt like ages, we were finally at Myles house. As soon as i walked up the drive way, I coughed and my eyes burned at the strong smell of cigarettes and booze. I was practically tripping over beer bottles, and passed out people. Do people actually enjoy going to these things? Heavy bass filled my ears and made my head pound. As I opened the door there were probably 75 people inside. It was dark, but there were colorful flashing lights. People were either drunk and stumbling over each other, dancing, but not the kind of dancing I've seen before, or making out on the stairs or the couch. "I though you said this was just a small kickback", I was as if i didn't want to be here, which i really didn't. Sophie just rolled her eyes at me and gave me a little push and gesturing me to go inside. I only planned to stay a little bit. She grabbed my hand and pushed me through the crowds of people to the kitchen where i spotted Myles chatting it up with some other people. Mostly girls. As i walked in, people were staring at me. I had all eyes on me and the whole room went silent. I felt a little uncomfortable. A group of guys came over to me and introduced themselves. Before I even got to open my mouth to say anything, Sophie shouted something at them then pushed them away. Cam went over to Myles, and they did a fist bump and exchanged a few words. It was only shorty after when Myles leaned into him and said "Aye, who's that?", and pointed at me. I froze up a little bit, but I was trying to keep my cool. I wasn't going to mess this chance up. Cam gestured me over, and Sophie followed, as she elbowed me and gave me a wink. "Myles, this is my friend Alicia, she goes to school with us." "Woah, why haven't i seen your pretty face around?", Myles spoke softly into my ear as he moved closer to me and put his arm around me. I could only imagine how red my face was in that moment. Just as i was about to tell him that I was the one who ran into him in the halls today and apologize for it again, he put a cup in my hand and said "Drink this, you look like you need to loosen up a bit." Before I could say anything at all, he was putting the cup filled with who knows what, up to my lips. Next thing I knew, the cup was empty and I was being handed another one after another. The room felt like it was spinning. The colors in the room looked more colorful than usual. My skin felt different. My vision grew blurrier. I wasn't aware of much that was happening. All I knew was that a hand was dragging me up the stairs.