Chapter 2: Goggles' Chaotic Sleepover!

(I don't have a lot of relevant images so expect some random ones sometimes)

Yesterday evening, Goggles invited Rider and Gloves over for a sleepover tomorrow night, which is now...now. Rider was running a bit late, and walked in on Goggles and Gloves playing Mario Kart, they looked like they were having tons of fun. The yellow-green inkling was obviously very jealous. "I'm here." he grumbled. "Hi Rider! Come play with us!" Goggles happily waved. He sat down and grabbed the third pro controller. Goggles exited out of the race and back to the title screen, then went into 3 player mode.

Random headcanon time! Goggles mains Daisy, Gloves mains Waluigi and Rider 100% mains Bowser.

"WE ARE NOT PLAYING ELECTRODROME!" shouted Rider. "Why not?" smirked Gloves. "Cause I always win on it?" Rider hated the green inkling's condescending smirk. "We should play on-" Goggles was cut off by the two storming into the kitchen, to talk privately. "Whoever wins gets to sleep with Goggles!" said Gloves, smiling confidently. "Okay, sounds easy enough." replied Rider, who didn't seem intimidated by his friend's challenge. They then ran back to their controllers.

"What was that all about?" asked Goggles. "We had to get the wifi password, it's written on your fridge right?" answered Gloves, covering up what actually happened. "It's there?" asked Goggles. "I-is it not?" asked Gloves nervously. "I don't even know my wifi password!" grinned the blue inkling, as if it's something to be proud of. Thinking Goggles isn't suspicious of anything, Rider and Gloves sighed in relief. Then the green inkling grabbed Goggles' controller and slammed the A button on electrodrome. "GLOVES YOU DUMBASS!" yelled Rider. "May the coolest squid win!" laughed the green squid.

"So, what did ya think of Headphones' big confession?" asked Goggles. "I helped!" he added as he hit Peach with a red shell. "Pretty cool, now I want to confess that I-" Rider slapped Gloves before he could finish confessing his love, mouthing a "Remember the challenge you idiot!" Goggles didn't notice anything, he was too focused on the race. As predicted, Gloves won. He was so far in 1st that he almost fell asleep waiting for the others to finish. "Cool! Now let's play-" Rider grabbed his hand to stop him from grabbing Goggles' controller. The two inklings of different shades of green looked at each other, and didn't realize that it turned into them staring at each other. "You guys are staring at each other!" laughed Goggles, who was picking snes rainbow road.

The two quickly looked away and pulled their hands back. Gloves was blushing, similar to the incident from yesterday. Rider didn't notice it, but he was blushing too. The second race began, and "the score" between them was 1 Gloves and 0 Rider. The two began the race with the biggest rocket starts possible. "Wow, we're getting competitive!" remarked Goggles, who didn't know about the challenge but enjoyed feeling the passion of the competition. On the third lap, the two green squids were neck and neck, but Rider knocked Gloves off of the track with a well-aimed green shell, giving him the victory. "We're even now." smirked Rider. "Not cool dude!" scoffed Gloves. "It's all about fun in the end though, right?" Goggles smiled. "Yeah." said the other two in unison, awkwardly. They knew Goggles was right, but both wanted to win a night in the blue squid's bed.

Rider's mind wandered to the controller incident from a few minutes ago. "I felt...like how I feel when I'm around Goggles...But why? Gloves is my biggest rival, I'd rather die than fall for him!...But...Saying that sounds harsh for some reason."

Gloves was thinking about the same thing. "COD DAMN IT, I BLUSHED OVER THAT JERK AGAIN! ...Keep your cool Gloves, it's probably just...Just...Just what? What the heck WAS I feeling back there?"

"I win!" cheered Goggles. The two quickly realized they were spaced out, and rushed for 2nd and 3rd place. Gloves was better at Hyrule circuit than Rider, allowing him to get 2nd, which is a win as far as the challenge is concerned. It's now 2 Gloves and 1 Rider! The two glanced at each other, and quickly looked away when their eyes met. "I'll let you pick this one." said Gloves. "Wait! I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION WHY DID I SAY THAT?!" Rider picked Bowser's Castle, of course he did. "You really want me to win." remarked the yellow-green inkling, which caused the flustered green squid to involuntarily blush.