| CHAPTER 23:-THE FIRST NIGHT |

Navratri knocked at the gateway and the last night before it was supposed to behold their pre navratri party which they maintained as a complete tradition whatsoever...
By twilight, Sunny came carrying few bags.
"Aunty main agaya!" He exclaimed.
"Ha ha baith tere liye kuch snacks Lati hoon.."
"Nahi nahi thik hai aap itni pareshaan kyu ho rahe hain... Hum snacks ek saath hi khayenge chhat pe..." Sunny smiled.

"Oh to kuch special hai kya..meri matlab snacks pe yaa.. khaane pe?" Their mom raised up such a question to which Sunny didn't know what to answer, because indeed it had got special ingredients in the party!

Sumedh and Darshan climbed down the stairs and saved the situation.

"Arey Sunny tu agaya!" Darshan did a high five with him.
"Haa Bhai aagaya main to.. magar Rishi kidhar hai?" Sunny asked.

"Wo bachpan se hi late hota aaya hai aur kya... Agaya shayad party khatm hone ke baad.." Sumedh said.

"Aise nahi bolte beta... Shayad kuch kaam mein fass gaya ho.." their mom said.

"Toh chaal chhat pe chalte hai??" Darshan asked.

"Ha ha chall..." Sumedh nodded and sunny stood up to climb the stairs to the terrace.

"Enjoy haa..." Their mom said and the three of them unanimously said "ha ha bilkul!"

Sumedh and Darshan had spent the entire day cleaning and preparing the terrace for the upcoming party.
They laid a mat and switched on the lights, and fixed two more bulbs for better lighting.

"Iss baar bhi kya 9 din hi duty hai Tera?" Darshan asked.
"Ha ha bhai plus iss bar boht crucial ek case hai.. wo bol Raha tha na.." Sumedh said.
"Hmm... This is triggering the entire state police..." Sunny said.
"Kyu Aisa kya hai bhai?" Sumedh asked.
"Dekh actually aab ladko ko boht restrictions karke nikalna pad Raha hai after sundown." Sunny said .

"What? Ladkon ko!??!" Darshan was bemused.
"Haa.. magar aab chor dey.. let's enjoy. Rishi kidhar hai bhai?" Sunny asked.
"Hero ki entry movie ke climax mein hi to hoti hai!" Rishi said coming in through the terrace door.

"Hero... Huh!" Darshan said and laughed.
Rishi comes forward and hugs Darshan And Sumedh.
"Yaar bhul jaata hai kya hum logon ko...? Ghar aane ki Maan hi nahi karta kya??" Rishi said.

And a nostalgic moment was spent between the four of them, who had spent their entire childhood and teenage together, in highs and lows, in ups and downs but now they were all drifted off and this meet gave a rush of excitation in them.

Rishi got settled and small chit chats broke out, when Sumedh said,
"Yaar aab kuch khaa pii bhi lete hai!"
"Ha ha Chal.."
Darshan carried all the food and drinks with him from downstairs and Rishi and Sunny opened the bags they brought and arranged all the bottles and all other foods side by side.

Soon glasses were arranged and Rishi was pouring the drinks in them.
As he was about to pour the last glass, Darshan said,
"I think three glasses would be enough.. I am not drinking..."
"What the hell... Pre navratri party mein drink naa karna bhi ek paap hai bhai!" Sumedh said.
"Yaar pura diet kharab ho jayega!" Darshan twitched his nose in disgust.

"Abey haat saley..." Saying this Sunny forcibly made him sip a bit from the glass filled with alcohol.

"Chal hogaya Tera diet kharab... Aab aram se khaa pii.. saley saal mein ekbar aata hai Ghar tab bhi piyega nahi!?" Rishi asked.
"Ok thank you so much!" Darshan fake laughed and kicked him playfully.

They slowly took out the snacks and arranged them in respective plates for them to eat, chat and enjoy.
This night was going to be a night of rejuvenation, fun and excitation whatsoever the future had in store.