.09.

______________

-----
Y/N
-----

"Stop", My steps halted, my eyes widened in pleasant surprise. I didn't need to look back to know who it is. I know its him. My head snapped to the door frame, and there he stood, with a grin that once used to be my favorite, that once used to light up my mood within seconds.

Jake.

I could see the joy in his eyes clearly, a bit of longing and doting somewhere hidden beneath his dark blue eyes. But he couldn't hide it from me.

It wasn't easy to escape the teacher. But im not someone who anyone can stop.

Jake stood beside me, the breeze caressed our face, leaving a bit of its warmth with us. Our hands resting on the railing of the rooftop as we enjoyed the rare silence and peace. Jake.. my ex-boyfriend and bestfriend.

"Its great to see you again, Luna", he broke the silence. The despair of the past, the pain of separation, the burden he held onto all these years seeped out of him with those words. I could feel it all. "I didnt think we would meet again in this life.", he grimaced.

"Nor did I.. I missed you Jake..", He was the only one who was there for me when i was at my worst. Everytime my grandfather punishes me and he'd sneak out from his cottage and would sneak into our palace. It was not as easy as it sounds. The palace was surrounded by more guards than you get to see with naked eyes. The palace has surveillance camera everywhere and he'd still manage to make it in without getting noticed.

"I missed you more luna. I still cant believe i am right infront of you, talking to you.", he chuckles but then paused, looking at me confused. "But what are you doing here?", his eyes widened as if he remembered something. He suddenly caught both my upper arms worriedly, "Is this a punishment from him too? I still remember him leaving you alone in a room with his best men expecting you to tend for yourself", the memory started flooding in my mind.

Yes. My own grandfather left me with 8 armed italian men, he didnt care what they would do to me. He wanted me to fight them and escape on my own, if i cant escape, then he wouldnt even come to help me even if those men kill me or torture me. I was 13 years old that time. Just 8 months after i'd escaped from my captors.

I quickly shook off the thoughts and assured him that its nothing like that.

"No jake, im on a mission. This is the last mission for me before I take over the crown.", i smiled at him.

"What's the mission about?", he asks. He never asked me about any of my missions before, but this mission is an important one so its reasonable.

"I didnt get the details yet.", i replied.

"Oh.. And-", before he could complete, collage bell rang, signalling that its lunch time now and we relised we have been on the rooftop for more than three hours.

"I think we should leave. I have some things to do so i wont be joining you. Bye luna", he smiled warmly.

"Bye jake. And by the way, my korean name is Yn and it will be better if no one knows about my italian name.", i said.

"Okay, Yn", he again smiled and i also replied with a smile. As soon as he left, my phone started ringing.

I picked it up seeing jennie's number.

What is it?

Yn-ah, arent you coming for lunch? We are waiting for you.

Ah, unnie, i dont have mood for lunch, dont wait for me, you guys can have your lunch.

Did something happen?

No. I will talk to you later.bye unnie.

You sure?

Yep, i am

Ok, bye..

I cut the call.

I seriously dont have mood for lunch. I will tell them about jake later. I need fresh air for now because the nightmare i saw today is still fresh in mind and the mention about that day with the italian men werent helping at all.
All i need right now is peace of mind.

I walked towards a bench on the right side of the roof and layed down, plugging my airpods in my ears, i closed my eyes as Paper rings by tailor swift started playing.

________________________________

Yo, sorry for the short chapter😅.
I just got to know there is a change in my schedule and im not gonna get any free time today.

Btw, any thoughts on jake?

Random question: what do you wanna be in future? Like whats your dream?

Target: 30v