Prolouge

Aproxamitlty 2 years after the end of the steven Universe series)

David pov:

I had woken up in some kind of strange testing chamber. Above me were what looked like massive metal bats that hung from the ceiling in a dormant state. To my left was a small black gem that sat still on the floor. Jet!?

I scrambled to my feet and ran towards the black gem, picking it up and lightly shaking it in place.

Eventually, the small gem glowed in my hands, and then the light that appeared from it spread out. This light stretched and twisted itself to take the shape of a woman. The light then disappeared just as quickly as it showed up, and in its place was a girl with pitch black hair and ash black skin. The same gem that had formed her was now in the back of her right hand, with her head resting on my lap.

Jet was a gem that I knew for 2 years now. I met her back at an old warehouse that I used to hang out at  with my other friends back in high school.  She taught me a little bit about her plantet, one that she called Homeworld, and I taught her about earth and how everything works here.

I remembered driving home from a day at the arcade that we had spent with friends when I suddenly lost control of the car. We went spiraling out and flipped upside down. But by that point I was already out cold and jet was poofed from the crash

"Uhh.....why do I feel like I've just been hit by a truck. Wait.....david?!" She said, both confused and a bit embarrassed at essentially being cradled by me, the skin around her cheeks and across her nose turning several shades darker.

"Well, we weren't hit by a truck, but it was a nasty car crash, though I remember hearing a poping sound, which I assume was one of the wheels. I thought an ambulance got us at first, but this place definitely doesn't seem like a clinic."

It was then that I heard a dull metallic groan from above, the sound of a rusted machine being kicked back to life, then mechanical whirring. Suddenly, Jet threw me to the side and summoned her weapon, a rifle with a bayonet, and leaped backwards to her feat as one of the metal bats came crashing to the floor, knashing its metal fangs at both me and her. She shot it straight in its glowing red eye and then placed another hard light bullet in its neck, but the bat simply ignored the attack and lunged at her. I tackled Jet out of the way and took the large bladed claw straight to my back, My own blood spilled throughout the air.

"DAVID!!!!!!!" Jet screamed at the top of her lungs, but her voice only came out as low and muffled.

I couldn't move as I lay down in a heap on the floor, shivering from the loss of blood. The last thing I felt was Jet's smooth hand on my own before I blacked out agian.
.
.
.
.
.
.3 months later.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Glass pov:

My first memory was that of a man's voice, for I could not see as my eyes would not follow orders. I was floating in some sort of liquid, though it felt much thicker than water. The man I heard sounded gruff and heavy, with a deep base and natural loudness to him, but with a hint of gentleness beneath. He seemed to be ranting about some great accomplishment of his.

"At last, we've made it happen. We have done what the diamonds did and created our own gem. Forcefully fusing a jet with a human and then stealing their gem to graft onto a lesser matierial and give it life. This is truly one for the history books."  He said to some people I could not see.

The ones he was speaking to started celebrating, claps, and cheers echoing across whatever room we were in. Then i heard the sound of people standing up from chairs, and then footsteps, then silence. It was now only the man that spoke left in the room, his faint breathing giving him away. His footsteps then turned and came towards me, and then stopped to my right side.

"Even if you are incredibly fragile, the way we desinged you should more than make up for it. You have great potential to crush the dimonds should it ever be required of you, and im sure you will go far." The man said as my eyes finally began to open, but I still could not make out any shape. Instead, I could only differentiate between light and dark.

"Your name shall be.......Glass."

And it was then that I could finally see