Chapter 1: Coral

Peach Coral POV:

Adjusting to life on earth was.......weird, to say the least. It had only been around 6 earth years since Pink Dimond's half-gem son had drastically changed the government up here in homeworld, now we had a more democratic governmental system similar to a few earth nations.

I had only come to earth a few months ago, arriving with the use of a hand-ship that went through a ship sized warp gate. which, in turn, allowed me to get here in around 30 seconds. Upon arriving on earth , I found out that other gems decided to live here, and since we weren't hostile, humanity didn't seem to mind.

As of right now, I was on my bed in a dormitory. Which is a place where college students live. These dormitories are usually somewhere on the grounds of the college, the college being a type of school.

It kinda reminds me of the kindergartens on Homeworld, but with less of the "training to be a battle gem" piece and more of learning standard subjects.

My room is of moderate size, being about 7 feet wide and around 9 feet long from the door to the wall behind my bed. The ceiling was around 15 feet above me, and a large fan with burgundy blades hung from it. The door was made of polished redwood, with a brass door handle and a lock above it that I had to push down with my thumb to open the door.

My bed had neatly folded sheets that matched up with the campus colors; to the left of my bed was a mirror. In it, a gem girl with my face stared back at me. Her orange-reddish eyes had a gradient effect from one color to the other and would appear as a different color depending on where you looked at them from. Her peach colored skin gave the slightest shine from the light. Her gem was set in her left cheek. It was a mix of gold, red orange, and pink, and it held a spiky branch pattern etched within. The girl's hair was a bright ginger with red, gold, a bit of blue, and orange mixed in. Her hair cascaded down behind her head and reached her shoulders. She wore a simple white hoodie and basic jeans, and her name is....Peach Coral.

Apparently, I was named after a natural formation here on earth. Basically, a bunch of tiny animals called polyps would cluster together and coat themselves in a protective outer shell of sorts, then they would add layers on top of layers, and soon you would have a Coral reef.

Today, I didn't have any class, so I went to the nearest library and used the computers to look up online jokes, sometimes called memes here on earth. Finding the library⁹ was pretty difficult, though, seeing as how I still didn't exactly know the layout of the campus.

From what I've heard, their was another gem that went to this college; her name was Jet, and she was supposedly friends with a human guy named David.

The story goes that they were in a car crash and were taken to the hospital a few months before I got here, but their injuries were a bit more severe than expected, some say Jet was even pooffed from the crash, so they haven't been discharged yet as a result.

What's really interesting is that the hospital they were taken to has not been mentioned, and none of the hospitals in the area actually have Jet or david in their care, according to some people that decided to go looking for them.

It makes me wonder.......where could they have gone...

I was in the library for a lot longer than I expected, the internet could come up with some very interesting things.....

By the time I finally got back outside, it was night. So rather than just go home, I climbed the nearest building and made my way to the nearest forest by rooftop.

Aside from enjoying the internet on earth, I had a few other hobbies. One of them included studying earth's wild life first hand even if I could look them up.