8

After we both stopped for air, things were a little awkward. Frankie was on my left. We didn't know what to do. We didn't know what to say. All we did was stare at the ground. I pull my hair behind my left ear. Wanting to look at him and his caring eyes, but my hair falls back to its original place of over my eye. I kept my eyes on the floor. He turns his head towards me, takes his hand and places it on my cheek. He can be so caring when he wants to be. But yet so timid when he wants something. I never ever understood that..
"Marice, I've always felt like I could be on my own. But until I came to this school.. until I met you.. Ive needed you the most. I've wanted you the most. I've longed for you the most. I've always been on my own. But now I don't want to be. Ever."
He leans in for one more kiss, but the door opens. Frankie doesn't even look over to see who it is. Both our eyes are closed.. and he softly kisses me goodbye.
"Awwe!!" Once we break away I see Clair jumping up and down. Smiling as big as she ever could. Frankie says his goodbye to me. And walks past Clair. He puts a hand on her shoulder.
"Chill. Okay?" He gives her a serious look, and tells her not to tell a soul. She nods a yes and sits down beside me.
"Bye Clair. Bye Marice." He winks at me and walks off. I see his long and lengthy shadow across the walls. Then.. he's gone...
"I miss him already... owhhh. I hate feeling like this. I feel alone now." I hate this feeling. I know Clair is here and always makes me happy. But this time... I'm not sure. He came, talked to me about him and i, made out, and then just like that... He left... I didn't get it. So many questions are running through my brain... Did use me?
Does he mean what he says? Why can't I believe him? Would he talk to me again? One single tear drops down my cheek. It started as one tear, to thousands more to follow...
"Whaat? Honey, honey no no please don't. Please? For me? I understand your confused and don't know what to do. I know it's at an odd state. Just relax. Ok? Tell me, what's my house rule?" I looked up at her, took a few deep breaths and spoke up.
"I gotta relax in order to be here."
Clair smiles at my and nods in approval. "Good, good. Now you gotta do me a favor and smile for me. That's the only way I'll take my hand off you."I give her a quick smile and fall back on the bed. Tired from today's events, I wanted to sleep so I could also get thinking time. My eyes get droopy. Heavy from sleep. And just like sound waves, my eyes get wisked away to sleep and I fell into a trance. Haunted by another nightmare.