Chapter 3: Fangs of a Bloodsucker

Camillia Forest

Asterius POV

After Diamant was healed by Fukuyoru she requested the two of them to help her train to resist her body passing out after she pays a price of blood to Michaelis. It was also a good place for Yoru and Asterius to train as well. Little by little she improved her stamina and even had a two on one session with Asterius and Yoru. The moon was shining quite brightly and it was almost 3am, Diamant was already sleeping on the grass while the two boys were still at it.

"Yoru let's take back Diamant to your place, I believe she just needs more rest." Asterius picked her frail body bridal style once again. Once he did that he ran off without even acknowledging Yoru to follow.

"There he goes running off yet again. Let's hope he doesn't run into danger." the cloaked fellow put his deck of cards back and activated a shield rune for both him and Asterius as they head back.

As Asterius carried Diamant back to the dametry, he did not notice that there were two more people that probably needed his help. They were completely screwed.

___________________________________________________________

Astrei POV

The two of them kept sprinting, faster and faster but yet he could not keep up. Blood continued to spill from the man while the woman was grasping onto him for her dear life. She was just way too fast that he could not even keep up with her.

"Hurry Lucius! Your wounds are festering and we're being chased down by a pack of wolves!" the woman holding the man's hand was Astrei. The man was having a hard time breathing and Astrei had no choice but to stop and let him rest. The wolves had very easy pickings at that point.

"Astrei my beloved, please... I'm not as fast as you are please let me rest for a while." Lucius was pale as a ghost, you could even see the sweat dripping down from his face.

He lied against a tree, grabbed his water from his sack, and took some time to catch his breath. His glasses were completely fogged from all the running and panting he did. In the mean time, Astrei was guarding him from the three wolves that stood in her way.

"Hey uh Lucius?" it was Astrei once again.

"Please close your eyes, unless you want to see something really ugly." she looked back toward her boyfriend in deep concern. The man was already exhausted and closed his eyes to take a rest. She looked back towards the threat that was ahead of her.

The pack already arrived and were ready to eat her insides out as if it was a huge feast waiting for them. But then suddenly, she leaped so high that the moon was shining down on her. She started to fall towards the wolves and a pair of sharp white fangs showed ready to feast on the vicious beasts. A few seconds later, all three them were felled by the vicious teeth of Astrei. Blood was dripping all over her clothes, her white hair had red patches of blood as well.

"Didn't even sweat" she licked her lips and suddenly noticed that Lucius woke up and noticed the blood all over her.

"Astrei?! What happened?! What did you do to the wolves?!" he was in a panicked state as he saw the state of his friend. "Are you an actual... wait no don't tell me... VAMPIRE?!"

"Well... yes... you've been friends with a vampire this whole time. I'm sorry I did not tell you sooner. Will you ever forgive me?" she crossed her arms together as if she was ashamed of herself for not telling him. Many others would've just killed them right away but, Lucius smiled and grabbed her shoulder.

"It's ok Astrei. It's different, but also badass. I really like you this way my beloved" Lucius kissed her on the cheek.

"We should get some place safe, or else the wolves will get us again." Lucius somehow got up pretty easily as if his wounds disappeared. "Did you heal me? My wounds are completely gone?!" he smiled at her once again eternally grateful for what she did.