Chapter 15

Summary:

While waiting to hear back from the Council, Echo, Fives, Rex and Ahsoka have a chat

"So you just found her there alone ... in a lab?" Ahsoka asked carefully.

After she led them all to the Temple's common room, she proceeded to ask them dozens of questions. Eager to learn more about their adventure and especially about the little stowaway they brought with them.

Echo and Fives sat with Ahsoka on the circular couch, while Rex opted to sit on the lounge chair across from them. From there Fives told her the whole story, from discovering the lab to bringing Omega on board to the battle to revealing her force abilities all up until they landed on Coruscant. The whole time he was telling the story Ahsoka was glued onto him, hanging on his every word. Once their tale was finally finished Ahsoka just sat there to soak up everything she's heard.

"Yeah," Fives confirmed, letting out a heavy sigh leaning back onto the sofa. The excitement and stress from bringing Omega to the temple was finally wearing off on all of them.

Echo was leaning back, his eyelids becoming heavier by the second. Five sat more upright, but still leaned heavily on the sofa. Rex was the only one sitting up right, exhausted but still attentive.

Ahsoka grumbled out some curse in Togruti "That's horrible." She shifted a bit, hugging her legs closer to her chest. Togrutas were social beings, so the mere thought of being isolated for one's entire life was heartbreaking for the young Togruta padawan. She took note of how both Echo and Five's expressions hardened after hearing her statement.

"But you brought her to the temple, that's all that matters right." Ahsoka insisted, trying her best to lighten the mood.

"The Jedi will look out for her now," She continued.

"That's what I'm worried about." Echo mumbled out, his voice barely above a whisper.

Ahsoka's montrals were able to pick up what Echo said, causing her to look at him curiously. Fives also managed to hear Echos' statement whipping his head around confused by what he meant.

"Echo what are you saying?" Echo didn't respond instead he continued to lean into the sofa wishing it would just consume him. His gaze was locked forward avoiding the looks of everyone else in the room.

"What do you mean Echo?" Fives was starting to get worried. This had been the first thing Echo had said since they all sat down. When Fives was retelling the story Echo didn't pipe up once, not even to correct his grammar. The ARC Trooper just looked so out of it, at first Fives blamed it on lack of sleep but now he's guessing something else was up.

Fives nudged his shoulder gently prying into Echos personal bubble, "Come on, talk to me Vod."

Echo opted to ignore Five's question, keeping his eyes locked forward, with a sad expression on his face. A look that hurt Fives to his core. It was a look of loss, one that he sees after a brother is lost in combat, a look of pure defeat.

The ARC Trooper aimed to play the long game, hoping Fives would eventually just drop it. Right off the bat he should have known that was a bad idea, because he knows better than anyone that Fives is incapable of letting things go. A trait of many that Echo despised about his twin. Echo also knew that if anyone was gonna make him crack it would be Fives and the look of pure concern he was giving him, Echo knew he was done for.

"If the Order agrees to train her she'll stay here . Train her to become a Jedi here . She'll be put in a crèche, trained and assigned to some random Jedi Master who will take her away far away. Away from us" Echo whispered the last part, dropping his head, turning away from everyone. Ashamed of how he truly felt about the situation.